Chapter 13

Heejin arrived at her workplace 5 minutes early. She waited for Mr. Park at his office. Jiyeong allows her to come in since Mr. Park told him to. Heejin felt bored and decided to walk around the office. She saw a picture frame and touched it. It has Mr. Park's childhood picture on it, he looks very cute....

"I've always remember how skinny you are back then....but now you're buff....", she said to herself.

Suddenly someone clears his throat making her flinch.

"Who's buff?", Mr. Park grinned and came towards Heejin.

"N-Nothing....", Heejin stuttered....why is she being so nervous in front of him....?

"I know....I'm more hotter now, right?", he chuckled. Heejin didn't even dare to look into his eyes or she will die on spot.

"I guess it's a yes....", Sunghoon said before walking to his seat.

"You became more taller.....I could barely recognized you at first though....", Heejin said and took a seat at the sofa.

"I know, many people bullied me for being so skinny back then....they judge me alot...and body shamed me....thanks to you....you saved me...", he smiled.

"You remembered?", Heejin frown.

"Yes....you are so chubby back then", Mr. Park said while trying to hold his laugh.

"Don't mention it....", Heejin rolls her eyes and sighed.

"I felt lucky to have you as my friend....you're just like my hero...", Sunghoon added.

"But I hate myself that time...."

"Why?"

"Because I'm fat and ugly. No one wants to be friends with me except you..."

"Same...but we have each other....I felt very lonely after I left you...."

"I was disappointed when you left, you know.....", Heejin pouted.

"I'm sorry", Sunghoon chuckled.

It was an awkward silence until he breaks it.

"Heejin, can you tell me why did you got dropped off from the school when you're 14?", he asked.

Heejin's expression quickly changed....

She hates it when people talks about what she hates...

"Oh....I just had some family problems.....but we're okay now!", Heejin looks down and chuckled, avoiding his gaze. She had to lie...she doesn't want to look like an attention seeker.

"It's good to hear that...", Sunghoon gave her a soft smile.

She felt weird...why is she feeling something that she wasn't suppose to feel?

Suddenly the door opens, revealing Jiyeong. Heejin flinched a bit caused her to snap out from her thoughts.

"Mr. Park....the meeting will start soon, do you want to go now?", he asked.

"Ah, okay. Let's go Heejin", Sunghoon went towards the mirror to fix his necktie.

"Me?"

"Yes, you have to come with us. I know it's your first time being a secretary....for your information, secretary sticks with their boss all the time....", Jiyeong said.

"Are you ready?", Mr. Park asked.

"O-oh...y-yeah I'm ready...", Heejin stood up and took a glance on herself through the mirror.

Then she followed Mr. Park somewhere. She felt very nervous....it's a meeting, so she will be surrounded by many peoples, I mean....GENIUS PEOPLES . She's not on their level....so she felt very embarrassed. She's not an introvert but sometimes...she thinks she does...

She couldn't help but thinking about her future. Will it be awkward for her? She knows nothing....about this office business...

"Heejin? Are you nervous?", Mr. Park spoke and stopped his tracks.

Heejin gulped at look at his charming face.

"K-kinda...it's my first time...", Heejin looks back down...feeling embarrassed.

"Don't worry, just stay by my side, I'll help you", Mr. Park smiled.

Heejin nods as they continues to walk towards the meeting room.

Meanwhile Sunoo....

Sunoo laid on the bed lazily. He whines as he began to get bored staying at home. He feels like he wants to spend his time with Heejin. He took a glance on a plastic full of mint choco snacks.

"I'm not in the mood to eat when Heejin's not around.....", he mumbled and hid his face on the pillow.

After a few seconds, he stood up.

"No! I'm not bored....there must be something I can do", he said to himself and looks around the room.

"Aish there's nothing!", he whined and sat on the floor.

"I wish I could just use my power to get what I want....but I couldn't......", Sunoo sighed and crawled towards the bed.

He opens the nightstand drawer one by one, until he saw a paper. It also looks kinda old.

He felt curious about it and decided to read it.

23/5/2018

Dear Heejin,

It's mom and dad, HAPPY 13TH BIRTHDAY! WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH!

It had been 2 weeks since we went on a business trip, and we're already missed you! Wait for us okay! We will come back as soon as possible! Mom and dad love you so much!?I hope you like the dressing table that we gave....bye bye!

Sunoo smiled reading the letter. He wished that he could experience something like this...experience someone who cared about him, love him....just like how Heejin gets....

But that's absolutely impossible for him...he had everything, but he thinks all of that isn't important. He admitted that he's spoilt....but does it mean he can't get much love from someone?

Then he looked at the clock. Today is 23th May, that means today is her birthday....

"Aish...why didn't she tell me...", Sunoo switch his positions and sighed.

"I have to buy a gift for her", Sunoo runs towards the door and walk downstairs. He peeked to see if her grandma is around. The area is clear so he decided to sneak out.

He managed to get out from the house.

"Heejin gave me ₩50,000, I think it's enough to buy a cake", he said and was about to go until...

"Ah, Heejin's friend...where are you going?"