No Encanto, No Magic II

Sometimes all I think about is you.

Y/n; she/her
Madrigal Family; canon pronouns

Warnings: immature decision-making.
POV: First.
Belizeannon (original requester)
Tag list:
drowziee
VulpeculaCarstairs
Notes: I don't know if this would be categorized as either angst or fluff. Part twos are really hard for me to make so I apologize if this is bad. I couldn't include everything in your request because if I did it'd either be super rushed or it would end up being an entirely separate book, so I apologize if this isn't what you wanted.

Immature decision-making. Yep.

   That's what got me here in the first place.

Do I regret it? Sometimes.

But am I happy? Yes. Yes, I am.

The whole idea of running away from my responsibilities was a little stupid, now that I look back at it. Responsibilities are everywhere, they're something that can't be escaped. What was different was the fact that now my responsibilities are my own. No one is relying on me to do anything, and everything that I do is for myself.

   No encanto, no magic. Just like I thought! For the past thirteen years, I've been living the life of an ordinary human being. No one looked up to me as a superhuman and that was all I ever wanted.

   Sometimes I would still go to the community house and talk with the children there, painting and doing lots of different artistry.

   Life was great here. The people were nice, the community is accepting, I even have a family to call my own.

   "Dinner's ready!"

   "I'll be there in a bit!" I began to clean up my desk, throwing the pens back in the cups that held them and piling up the papers in a corner.

   A part of me missed my real family. The dinners we'd have and how chaotic it can be at night. The parties that we held in la casita madrigal were a big part of my childhood. It was fun, using my gift to bring art to life without a care in the world.

   I don't get any of that, anymore.

   I walked out of my room and down my stairs, making my way towards the dining room and taking a seat in my usual spot.

   "How are your new paintings coming along?" My adopted mother looked at me as she brought out the food onto the table.

   "I didn't start the actual painting yet, I'm still planning. Almost done though, so there's that." I reached over to grab some rice and the chicken that my father made. "Thank you for the food," I said politely before digging in.

   The table was silent, apart from my younger sister who was talking about her day at high school. She was in a lot of drama and this family was so kind that she could talk about what's been bothering her and how it would affect her overall mental health.

   That's one thing I didn't have back in the Encanto. The only one I could open up to was Mirabel, and that was when I told her about running away. I couldn't say anything without it getting unnoticed, especially with Dolores.