☼ Mending Injuries ☼

How else do I get your attention?

Julieta; she/her - 16 years old
Y/n; she/they implied but not used - 16 years old

Warnings: none
POV: First.
Notes: If you can't already tell by previous oneshots, I suck at writing in first person. I'm sorry this is so short :(
I'm willing to redo it if you'd like, but it'll take a bit.
ThatOneAizawaSimp

"Y/n, you need to stop getting into these accidents." Julieta turned off the stove's element as she plated some arepas. "Do you need me to watch you every second of the day?" She joked around, laughing as she placed the plate in front of me.

"Pfft, no." I took one of them and took a bite. Right after swallowing, I felt my body begin to heal. The scapes and blood on my palms and knees began to disappear and it looked as if it was as good as new. The bruise on my jaw felt so much better as if it wasn't there. I knew for a fact that it was gone because I never doubted Julieta.

"You alight, though?" She took a seat in the chair in front of me, watching as I ate. "What happened?"

"I injured myself falling for you," I gave her a wink, watching as her face tinted pink. I couldn't help but laugh at the response I got, finishing up the arepa in my hand.

Then she shook her head, almost as if she was snapping out of some sort of thought. "Seriously, Y/n. This is getting out of hand. It's almost every day that you're getting hurt."

It's almost like that's the point. How else am I supposed to get your attention?

Starting a conversation is never easy for me. It's always awkward and it leads to small talk. I hate small talk. If I just get injured and show up, it seems easier. My actions do the first part of the conversation for me.

"I fell off my bike, it's not that big of a deal." I placed my now healed hand on top of hers. "No need to worry," I reassured her.

"You should probably go soon, then. Mama wasn't expecting any guests so you should leave before she gets back." Julieta stood up, clearing her throat before beginning to clean up a little.

"Can you walk me home?"

She looked outside the window, then me. "Okay, it's getting late and if it makes you feel better then yes, I'll walk with you."

"Thank you," I stood up and pushed the chair in, grabbing two more arepas and stuffing one into my mouth. "Let's go."

"Hold on!" Julieta wiped down the table with a damp cloth before walking out with me. When we made it outside, silence lingered. It wasn't an awkward silence, it was... well... silence.

"Thank you for caring for my injuries again." I looked over at her, watching as she laughed softly.

"It's not a problem, I'm happy to help you." She said, then began counting on her fingers. "Today you fell off your bike, yesterday you fell down your stairs, the day before that you fell out of a tree, the day before that you fell into a poison ivy bush." She looked at me with an unimpressed expression, yet she still smiled.

I looked at her with keen eyes, my lips forming a smirk. "I didn't think you paid attention to me like that, Julieta. I knew you loved me but not that much." I wiggled my eyebrows a bit, watching as she blushed.

All jokes aside, I really, really like her.

Joking about it makes rejection less awkward, but at the same time, it can give lots of mixed signals. With the silent reactions I'm receiving, I have a bit of an idea of what she thinks and how she feels.

"It all seems... very unrealistic," Julieta stated, looking at me with suspicious eyes.

My confidence disappeared, looking at her with a sheepish smile. That's all that it took to give away what I was doing. I earned a soft bonk to the head, laughing as we made it to the front door of my house.

"Don't hurt yourself like that!" She squished my face in one of her hands. "If you wanted attention, you could've said so." She pulled me into a tight hug, lifting me off of the ground and spinning me around.

I hugged back, resting my head on her shoulder when she stopped spinning, dissolving into the hug. "I won't anymore, I promise," I spoke in a quiet tone, letting out one final chuckle before silencing myself.

"Good. Or else I'd make something other than arepas."