☽ Thantophobia II ☾

Thantophobia; the fear of losing someone you love.

Camilo; he/him
Y/n; they/them

Warnings: out of character Camilo, broken family.
POV: Third.
Notes: this is more of an epilogue than a part two. you guys had a love-hate relationship the last one. thank you for all the support <3
Edited by Grammarly because it's 2:30am and I don't wanna.
zzzijustwannasleep  (tag)

"Camilo! Time for dinner!"

   Every few weeks, there was one day where Camilo refused to leave his room. No one knew why or bothered to ask him about it. Today was that day.

   He hugged his knees to his chest as he sat on his bed, leaning against the wall he's knocked upon for at least eleven years of his life. He mentally responded to his cousin, not realizing he hadn't spoken out loud.

   "Camilo." His sister knocked on the door lightly. She knew that he was struggling. Despite being Y/n's sibling, she couldn't understand how Camilo felt. That didn't mean that she didn't have a battle of her own.

   As the older sister, Dolores felt like she had to stay strong. She had to mask her emotions because she had to handle the weight of not only her own emotions but her younger siblings as well. She looked out for her mother the most. It pained her every time she saw her having a rainy day.

   "I'm coming!" Camilo shouted back, groaning as he used every drop of strength he had left to pull himself out of bed. He stared at himself in the mirror, disappointed in what he had become.

His curls were tangled, untreated for and greasy. The dark circles under his eyes weren't close to going away, either.

Camilo was a mess. He didn't bother with his hair, but he tried to cover up the eye bags with some concealer and a beauty blender. When he finished he finally opened the door to his room and stepped out.

He slowly shut the door behind him and walked towards the dining table, watching as all eyes landed on him when he walked in.

   Camilo took a deep breath, plastering the best smile he could muster right onto his face. It usually wasn't hard, but today was one of those days where he didn't feel like having any interaction.

   "Buenas tardes, Camilo." Pepa waved the moment she saw her son. Growing up, Pepa always had to hide her emotions. She grew up with the feeling of invalidation because of her gift. So now, it was easy for her to tuck away the negative emotions. Sudden rush of emotions could never be controlled and would easily be portrayed. "I'm glad we got to see you today."

   All he did was nod with a smile, taking a seat in his usual spot. His eyes landed on Y/n's old seat, looking up at the one who occupied it; his Tío Bruno.

Camilo didn't hate him. Sure, Bruno left and disappeared for ten years, but he was young when it happened to have many personal memories of him.

   "Hola." He was brought to his senses when Bruno waved. Camilo must've been staring too long.

   "Hola," Camilo spoke back. His voice was a little hoarse from not speaking all day. "Sorry for staring."