☽ Thantophobia ☾

What if Y/n didn't get out of la casa Madrigal in time?

Camilo; he/him
Y/n; they/them

Warnings: panic attack, depressive thoughts, self-blame, anxiety, character death.
POV: Third.
Notes: that's a roman numeral in the title. yes, I know Y/n and Camilo are being immature. They're children, don't expect utmost maturity.

Camilo and Y/n would always be at each other's necks. Siblings that shared the same age and same birthday. Camilo would always brag about the fact he was three minutes older, using "you're too young" as an excuse to be the first to get food at dinner or simply to be an annoying 'older' brother.

   Despite the arguments and disagreements they had; or how many times Camilo would bully and make fun of Y/n, he'd take a bullet for them. They'd do the same in a heartbeat. Y/n would fight an entire army of soldiers to protect him, and he wouldn't hesitate to do the same.

   "Camilo! That isn't fair!" Ten-year-old Y/n chased the boy up the stairs, taking their slippers off and throwing both at him. "Give it back!" They used your gift to teleport directly in front of him, grabbing their notebook from his hands.

   As much as he should've expected it, Camilo didn't. He gasped, toppling right over his twin. "Holy—" Camilo cursed under his breath as he fell over, shapeshifting into Y/n for a moment due to shock. He gasped, transforming back into himself as he found himself on top of his sibling.

   "Baja de mí!" Y/n shoved him to the side and stood back up, holding their notebook close to their chest. "I told you to stop messing with me! It's getting annoying, I want time to myself! Privacy! Have you heard of that? I bet you didn't."

   "Relax, relax, mi hermano." Camilo got up, dusting off his ruana. "You haven't been talking about your personal life recently and that diary you have seems to catch my eye." He had a shit-eating grin on his face, wiggling his eyebrows.

   "I wish you were never my brother! I want someone else!" They spun around and walked to their door. "Y para tu información, it's a journal." They walked into their room and shut the door.

   A groan escaped their lips as they threw their journal onto their desk, teleporting onto their bed and laying on the duvet. Before they could relax, a knock on the door rang throughout their room. "What?"

   "I want an apology~" Camilo sung-like spoke. He was in front of their door, rocking back and forth between his heels and toes as he whistled a random tune.

His ego and attitude are what annoyed them the most. How he could be so calm during these situations, how he has control over everything and how he can act like this after an outburst... it pissed them off.

Despite being a complete jerk half the time, Camilo understood. He knew they had issues, he knew that sometimes if things don't go their way they can say things they don't mean. He knows when joking too much is too much since he knew they would sometimes take jokes to heart. Y/n just needed a bit of work.

"Come on, Y/n. I'm waiting."

Y/n groaned and teleported to the door, opening it up and looking at his face.

That stupid face they so badly wanted to punch.

"I'm sorry for taking your notebook without your permission, Y/n." Camilo started, "but I didn't appreciate how you said all those mean things about me."