✘ I Pity You ✘

You know he has a reason for acting this way. You pity him, even though it should have been the other way around.

Bruno; he/him
Y/n; she/her implied but not used.

Warnings: abuse, one-sided love, non-consensual kissing, blood, swearing.
POV: Second
Notes: not requested, but I'm obsessed with a roleplay I've been doing with a friend. They didn't ask for it but I decided to make this :)

"Brand new day, but the same old shit." You thought out loud, muttering your subconscious words as you saw the man you once loved walk through the doors. "Let's... just get this over with." You accepted the fact that you wouldn't be leaving him any time soon. You accepted the fact that Bruno Madrigal had complete control of your life. Even though you consciously accepted it, deep down you knew that you had to fight for what's right.

"You're still here!" Bruno crouched down to meet your level. His fingers brushed over the rope that immobilized you, the rope that tied you to the floor. "I'm so happy..~" he planted a soft kiss on your lips, letting it linger before cutting the ropes with a knife. "You're going to behave, right? You're not going to be like last week." His tone was calm and mellow, yet his demeanour said otherwise. You knew that if you even made one mistake, he would have you trapped underneath him with nothing to do other than scream and cry. No matter how loud you were, no one could hear you from this part of his room, not even Dolores.

You surrendered your heart, body, and soul every time he came into vision; because you knew that he'd strike and hit you harder every time if he didn't get what he wanted.

"You know I'd never actually hurt you." He cupped your face with both of his hands as you shifted positions, now on your knees in front of him.

"I know." You knew exactly what to say to make him happy. The way he spoke disgusted you. Sure he'd never hurt you on purpose, but as long as it's for his benefit it's okay.

If you don't want to hold his hand, he can hurt you and it's okay.

If you don't want to give him your love, he can hurt you and it's okay.

No part of this fantasy-obsessed relationship was okay. But you always found yourself going along with it.

"I don't like seeing you like this." Bruno brushed his thumb over the bruise on your cheek, looking down at you sympathetically. "But you need to know how to listen... okay, mi vida?"

   You nodded without a word, flinching at his touch and averting your eyes away from his gaze.

   "Say yes." He reinforced the eye contact, leaning so close that you could feel his breath on your lips.

   You felt as though you didn't have much of a choice. You could feel his skin hanging off his fingertips as they grazed upon your once flawless and delicate skin.

Wicked grin.

Evil eyes.

That's all you saw in him.

False love.

Obsession.

Some would call you crazy, but there were times you found yourself empathizing with him. Yet at the same time... you just wanted to hurt him the way he hurt you. But no matter how hard you tried, it was worthless. You could never do it.

   "Yes," you muttered in response.

You remembered that night you held the knife to his chest. "I'm sick and tired of living like this! You don't love me!"