☾ Redamancy ☼

Redamancy

Mirabel; she/her
Y/n; no pronouns used.

Warnings: mild gender dysphoria, homophobia, unintentional misgendering.
POV: First
Fenrir_GrayBack_

My love life is amazing. It's all I could've ever asked for and more.

   I'm glad that in the modern days, same-sex relationships were now perceived as okay and valid.

   Well... for the most part that is.

   I don't want to blame it on the older generations being all religious and thinking things like the LGBTQ+ community were abnormal, but they're the only ones in the encanto who think of it as abnormal.

   Just because someone is religious doesn't immediately label them as a homophobe. I was never a fan of labels anyway. If someone is a homophobe, it can be as simple as being a person who lectures their kids or friends about why being gay is something that shouldn't be taught or something that shouldn't be talked about. Some homophobic parents will even tell their kids to stop talking with the neighbour's gay kid or would even go as far as trying to stop their child from having gay thoughts.

   People like them disgust me. But it's not my lifestyle or my choice, so I can't do anything to stop it.

   "Y/n!"

I stopped in my tracks to find the owner of the voice. I knew who it was the moment she spoke. The town square was a little busy, so it was hard to find someone with all of these people.

"Y/n, here!" Before I could see who it was, a pair of arms wrapped around my body. I yelped a little, turning to look at her.

"Good afternoon, princess." I hummed as I looked at Mirabel, planting a soft kiss on her cheek.

She pulled away from the hug and held my hand. "Let's go somewhere less busy." She said as she began to walk.

"I agree."

"I had an idea," Mirabel said, bringing me to the bridge. "You should come over for dinner tonight." It wasn't unusual that I came over for dinner. I was pretty close to the Madrigals so it happened frequently. "I was thinking we could be open about our relationship to my family."

The thought was exciting. We've been dating in secret for six months and the thought of finally coming out was a big deal. "That sounds great! How do you think they'll see it?"

"Mi familia? I think they're going to be happy, if I'm being completely honest. They're all accepting and kind. Luisa and Dolores already knows, so there's that."

"Dolores found out the day I asked you out. We both told your sister and she was nice about it." I loved all the kids in the Madrigal family. They're all so wonderful and kind. I feel so lucky to be in this encanto. If I wasn't I wouldn't have met Mirabel.

   "I'm excited. But also nervous, even though I shouldn't be nervous. It'll be fine!" Mirabel cupped my cheeks as her lips curled into a soft smile.

   "Is there ever such thing as being underdressed?" I began to panic a little, glancing down at my baggy clothing before back into her eyes. "How about overdressed? I shouldn't be too flashy."

   "Calm down, Bebé. It'll be fine. There's no such thing as underdressed, and I know you won't be too flashy." She reassured me, seeming to be a little amused by my panicked state. I could tell from that stupid smirk and the look in her eyes.