☾ Humour ☼

Life isn't a fucking joke!

Carlos; he/him - 17 years old.
Leo; he/him - 18 years old

Warnings: swearing, arguing, mention of dead family, semi-descriptive murder, mild swearing.
POV: Third.
Notes: this is a special request from mi amor -stealingcrisp . It's a character x OC. i don't mind writing these, only for mutuals though.
if you don't know carlos , check the Carlos M. divider for information for less confusion :)
it's a little rushed , i'm sorry. also my apologies if leo is ooc >,<

ONLY HALF EDITED
lo siento , mi amor ;-;

"If you could go... back in time." The taller male started the conversation as he walked along the path with the Madrigal. "Where would you go and why?"

Leo seemed to be the only one on the face of this planet who could keep Carlos Madrigal under control. He wasn't a talkative person, nor was he the type to strike up conversations; but Carlos changed that. They changed each other and for the better, without even knowing it.

   "I would go to the guy.." Carlos began to think mid-sentence, "...who first saw a banana and wanted to eat it. Then slap him right across the face. No! You will not eat that and none of us will!"

   The two boys laughed at the shapeshifter's vocal impression of a grumpy old man. "No! But seriously. What would you do?"

   "I wouldn't change a single thing," Carlos said with the utmost confidence, walking along the path and onto the bridge. He stopped, leaning against the stone as he looked at the river underneath them. "Because if I did change anything, you and I may not have been friends."

   "You're cheesy," Leo stood beside him, playfully bumping their hips together as a relaxed sigh fell past his lips. He never thought that there would be a day where he would befriend Carlos Madrigal.

Or any of the Madrigals.

It's hard to run his family's bakery. His parents were gone and it was difficult. On top of that, he didn't think that he'd have time for friendships like this. Especially after how close he's gotten with the mischievous twin.

"What about you?"

Leo looked up at the sound of his voice. "Me?" He didn't expect that.

"If you could go back in time, where would you go and why?" Carlos shifted his weight onto one leg and turned his body to face him.

Leo began to think, taking this more seriously than he should've. "I'd kill the outsiders before they got a chance to touch my mother." The memory was so vivid. It was a memory that he wouldn't be able to forget no matter how much he tried.

To this day, he still wondered how anyone from the outside world found the Encanto. This place was meant to be protected by large magical walls, right? It was no mistake that a violent group of people found this place.

He remembered the bloodshed.

He remembered the flames.

He remembered the screams.

He remembered the way his mother was brutally murdered right in front of his eyes.

Leo remembered how he only stood there, completely shocked and terrified of what happened. He recalled the moment the outsiders left and how he went to his mother, shaking her as if she was just asleep.