☾ You're Okay ☼

Look at me. It'll all be okay, you're okay.

Carlos; he/him
Camilo; he/him
Y/n; he/him
Ezra; they/them

Warnings: vent post, mild swearing, self-inflicted pain scenes, depressing thoughts, anxious behaviour. let me know if i missed any.
POV: Second.
Notes: if you know me irl please don't read this :)
you may be thinking "isn't he on a hiatus? why is he posting?" i like writing as a form of a coping mechanism, of course, writing can only go so far. i've been trying to force myself to write more on 'Tacenda' despite the fact i should probably just take a break from it and relax.
usually, i keep oneshots like this private but i feel like if i don't update then... idk something bad will happen? not updating doesn't sit right with me.
this is rushed and possibly overwhelming.
and another note, i'm using reading to symbolize tiktok in this oneshot since y'know-
tiktok didn't exist back then.
and ezra is just an oc that i have :)

NOT EDITED

"Will I see you tomorrow?" Camilo gently took your wrist into his hand, pulling you away from the door of his home. He wore a small frown, pulling you closer to him as he held you in a warm embrace.

"Yes, of course." You hugged back, taking a few deep breaths and grasping onto his ruana. You trembled as your breath shook and shut your eyes.

You can't cry, not now. Not after recovering from a breakdown mere minutes ago. So much was happening, you needed someone to talk to. You didn't want to add to Camilo's responsibilities and stress but he was the only one that you could trust.

"You promise?" Camilo held onto you as if you'd disappear if he let you leave. He didn't want to lose you. You were his best friend, you've been there for him and he's been there for you; ever since you were little kids.

But nothing has gotten this bad.

   "I promise."

   "I'll see you tomorrow." He finally pulled away, pressing his forehead against yours. He held your wrist once again, his hand travelling down to lace his fingers with yours. "I love you."

   "I love you too, Camilo." You whispered back, giving him a close-eyed smile. You squeezed his hand and leaned to the side to push your face into the crook of his neck.

You didn't want to go home.

He didn't want you to leave.

"I'll see you tomorrow." You reassured him, finally turning around to leave their house.

You took a deep breath of the twilight breeze. You walked down the path that lead away from the house, looking back to see if Camilo was still there.

He wasn't.

It's okay, you already said your goodbyes. You shouldn't expect to see him after saying goodnight.

You made your way to your house, gently closing the door. Your parents wouldn't be home for another three hours. Being an only child with two hard-working parents means a lot of free time.

Your mother came back at sunrise and your father wouldn't be home until midnight. You have three hours to fall asleep.

   Or not.