☼ Princess ☼

She finally gets the recognition she deserves

Luisa; she/her
Y/n; she/her

Warnings: minor swearing.
POV: First.
Notes: a little wordy and hard to read 👌
pheonix-writer

"Luisa!" I called out, rushing over when I spotted her. "You've been doing chores all day," I held out a small container that held treats. Did I make a fresh batch of brownies for my favourite person? Yes, yes I did. "I made these for you."

   "For me?" Luisa looked at the container for a moment whilst still holding a bridge in her dominant hand. "Thanks!" She placed the bridge in its new location before dusting her hands off on her shirt. "When did you make these?"

   "They came out of the oven about fifteen minutes ago, pretty fresh." I pulled them away before she could get her hands on them. "Your hands are dirty." I held the container with one hand while I grabbed hand sanitizer from my pocket. I was prepared. When she held her hands out, I sprayed them clean. It isn't the same as washing, but it does the trick.

   "Thank you again, Y/n." Luisa looked at me as if she was asking for approval. I nodded and she took the container, taking one of the baked goods and biting into it. She practically melted, finishing the brownie square in the second bite. "These are so good.." she spoke with a half-full mouth.

   The positive feedback I got was all it took for me to smile widely, "do you think we can spend time together later?"

   "Luisa! Do you think you could move the church over a little? The construction workers need more space for the secondary building. Thanks!" A man looked over and shouted. But the moment he finished speaking, he walked off almost as if he expected it to happen right away.

   "I'm sorry, I'm busy with all of this." Luisa closed the container and held it in one hand while she did as told with a singular hand. It looked effortless for her, maybe it was. "I am sorry, Y/n."

   You looked over to the man who requested the move, watching as he continued talking with the construction workers and not turning around to give Luisa a proper thank you or even acknowledging her after the kind gesture.

   "It's okay. Come by my place whenever you have time, okay?" I looked back at her with a small smile, "enjoy the brownies, too!"

   "Will do! Thanks again!" She waved goodbye as she walked off.

   I sighed, walking towards la casa Madrigal. Being an only child can be a little boring. Especially since my parents won't let me work in their store. They're always busy while I have all the time in the world. They don't want to pile me up with work, but I think I'm old and responsible enough to care for myself. I know my limits.

   "What if Luisa wasn't doing all this work, hm?" I thought out loud, whispering to myself. "I wonder what everyone would do then. Maybe they'll start smartening up and taking care of their own shit."

   "Good afternoon, Y/n. That's some strong language you have there."

   I glanced over to the side and saw Dolores walking beside me. I couldn't tell what she was up to, but I know that something was going on.

   "Lo siento," I said as I turned away for a moment, scratching my neck before looking back at her.

   "I know you're pining over her, but don't get bummed out if she doesn't have time for you. She isn't the type to fill her schedule to avoid others."