\\Chapter one//

"Atlanta!" My cousin announced as we drove through the crowded streets, windows down and Kenny Chesney playing a little too loud.

"I'm so excited. Nervous, but super excited." I looked over at her.

"You're gonna have to pick up a super hot baseball player since you're working for the Braves." She wiggled her eyebrows, laughing.

"Seanna! We're here for work, not relationships!" I laughed.

A boyfriend would be nice, but not until I get more settled down and actually have a steady flow of income. Also a couple new friends would be good.

"Hey, NC's where my life is, I'm just being a good cousin and coming to help you get moved in." She put her right hand up in defense as we pulled into my apartment parking lot.

"One more sass remark and I'm cutting your pay." I joke.

"Easy now." She turns the car off.

I step out and into the Georgia heat, grabbing my bags out of the back. Since I moved from Tennessee down here, they shipped my stuff down and put it in the apartment for me.

"Which one are you?" Seanna asked as she walked up to the elevator.

"This place has an elevator?" I say happily.

"It appears so, Ryder. And I'm second floor, number 5." I say as I drag my suit case.

The elevator dinged, signaling that the door was opening.

Out stepped a guy about my age. Tall with dark, reddish hair with a gym bag on his shoulder.

He smiled down at me, then walked towards his truck.

"Ahh!" Seanna yelled when the door closed.

"What? He just smiled at me." I shrug.

"Whateverrr." She said as we stepped off.

"It's not a big deal, he was just being friendly." I said as I unlocked the door.

"Just being friendly my butt." She said as we walked in.

The apartment was huge. High cellings, dark, hardwood floors, with updated appliances, and two huge windows that overlooked the city.

"This is so cute!" I squealed.

After getting everything where I wanted it and starting a load of laundry, the first night in my new place was fun.

Tomorrow was my first day at work. I'd be meeting all the staff and players, getting showed what to do and just getting used to how everything runs. I've Skyped with the head coach and the team owner, but I was still a bit nervous. I was just praying that I didn't do anything stupid.

A/n: happy opening day!! #BravesAreBack :-)