\\Chapter Seventeen//

*Two weeks later*

June 12, 2015

*Freddie's POV*

Today was Ryder's birthday. The guys and I had something really special planned for her. We were going to surprise her with a party in the clubhouse.

"Freddie, where are you taking me?" She asked as I had my hands over her eyes.

"It's a secret." I told her as we walked towards the clubhouse.

"Tell me!" She wined, putting her much smaller hands over mine.

I opened the door to the clubhouse, the guys standing ready to surprise her.

"Surprise!" They all yelled as we walked in. She uncovered our hands, smiling widely.

"You guys!" She smiled, covering her mouth.

"Happy birthday!" We all gave her one gigantic group hug, which made her extremely happy.

We started cutting the cake, opening presents, and taking selfies. I caught Chris on the side and pulled him off to a locker away from everyone else.

"What's up, bud?" He questioned.

"Promise you won't tell anyone?" I questioned.

"What is it?" He gave me a puzzled look.

"Just promise you won't tell a soul."

"Of course. You're my best friend, you know I wouldn't do that." He replied.

"I'm cheating on Ryder." I said quietly. It broke my heart every time I thought about it, but that was the first time I had said it out loud; it killed me.

"Huh? What do you mean?" He asked.

"Exactly what I said. And I don't know how to get out of it." I sighed, rubbing my hands on my face.

"You know I love you man, but I can't help you with this one. You're going to have to tell her the truth. But, her heart is gonna be completely broken. Good luck." He patted me on the back, then left me with my thoughts.

I went back to where everybody was. Ryder was currently walking around and eating a piece of cake. They all loved her so much here. She was so sweet and bubbly. I was going to have to tell her eventually. I sighed thinking about this as she came over to me.

"What's wrong?" She asked, looking up at me.

"Nothing. Just nervous about the game." I lied. I wasn't nervous about the game. It was the Mets. I could hit homers all day against them, but I had a bigger problem than if I was going to win a baseball game.

"Whatever, Freeman." She eyed me. She knew me better than that.

I hugged her tightly, just taking in her scent, the way her body felt against mine. I heard her giggle as somebody took a picture. I kissed the top of her forehead.

"Fredrick." I heard her say.

"Yes, babe?" I replied.

"I love you." She stated, causing me to smile, but my heart to drop.

"I love you." I told her. Part of it was true; I loved her, just not the way she loved me.

A/n: this was short, I know. But the next chapter is gonna make up for it in cuteness!!