\\Chapter six//

*Freddie's POV*

"Hello?" I answered the phone, stepping into an empty hotel room. The guys must've been on the beach or somewhere.

"Hey, what have you been up to?" She asked.

"Eh, not much. Just spring training and stuff. You?" I ask, sitting down on the couch.

"Just been doing different stuff. When are you coming home? I miss you." She lied. I knew she was lying.

"Probably three weeks." I told her.

"Well, I'll see you then, I guess. I love you, bye."

"Bye." I hung up, putting my head in my hands. I've made my bed and now I'm going to have to lie in it.

"Hey, dummy, open up!" I heard Ryder laugh, knocking on the door of my hotel.

"What's the password?" I laughed, standing at the door.

"Um, please?" She sounded so sweet and little.

I opened the door, revealing Ryder. She was in a pink Columbia rain jacket since it was one of those rare Florida days where it rained nonstop, with matching rain boots, skinny jeans tucked into them.

"You look too cute for me to not let you in." I admitted.

"I probably look like a sewer rat." She laughed.

"A cute sewer rat." I joked, laughing.

"You jerk." She lightly punched my chest, hugging me. I hugged her back, tightly.

"So, do you think we'll have training today?" She asked, sitting down on the nasty hotel couch room.

"I'm not sure. I hope not, honestly." I shrugged.

"Don't be a downer." She looked at me, smiling slightly.

"I'm not a downer." I replied, looking at her green eyes.

She kissed me. I was taken aback, but then kissed her back. She put her hands on my face.

"Hey, guys!" Julio and Christian barged into the room.

"Okay, woah." Christian added.

"I can't win for losing." She laughed, her face as pink as her jacket.

"Wha- are y'all- no way!" Julio smiled big.

I leaned my head back, my hands covering my face as I tried to hide the blush that was on it.

"Shooo, lord," Ryder breathed through a laugh.

"Bethancourt, Tetheran- you guys suck." I announced, laughing.

*Ryder's POV*

"Tell me more about you." Freddie asked. His feet were propped up on the bar of the room's balcony rail, wearing Under Armor shorts and a Braves sweatshirt, his glasses just adding to the cuteness.

After the whole mess of me and Freddie getting caught basically making out by Christian and Julio, we finally cooled down and came outside, just listening to the ocean.

"Um, well. I'm from Tennessee, went to the University of Tennessee, and now I'm here."

"Tell me more than that. Ya know, how many siblings you have. What they do, stuff like that." He looked over at me.

"Well, I have an older brother, Cameron, then there's me, then a younger brother Alex, and a younger sister Addison," she started.

"My older brother works with video creating and things like that, then my younger brother is becoming a nurse, and my sister is in high school. We're pretty spread out." She finishes.