\\Chapter Nine//

A/n: this chapter is going to switch between Freddie and Ryder's POV quite a bit, so make sure you keep up with who's POV you're reading in or you'll be confused. Hope you all enjoy!!

"Ryder?" Kellie questioned as I walked into the hotel room.

"Yeah?" I sighed quietly.

"What's wrong?" She questioned sincerely.

I sighed again before replying,

"Freddie."

"What'd he do?" She asked, ready to go into protective mode.

"He didn't do anything, it was me." I admit.

"Tell me."

"Well, after we got back here he asked me to stay with him. And I pretty much told him no in a round about way..."

*Freddie's POV*

"God, I'm an idiot." I sighed, throwing my bag down on the floor of our hotel room.

"What's wrong, man?" Shelby asks me.

"I don't know how to talk to girls. I guess that's the problem." I laughed a little.

"You do, too." Shelby replied

"But anyways, tell me what happened."

"Well, when we got off the bus, I asked Ryder if she wanted to stay over with us. She pretty much told me no." He nodded, telling me to keep going.

"And so she kinda freaked out."

*Ryder's POV*

"And so I freaked out, sorta," I tell her.

"Continue."

"Anyways, after I pretty much watched his heart break via the look on his face, he told me I knew where the room was and that he'd leave the door unlocked. I then took the stairs up here, crying the whole way."

"Are you going over there?" She asks me.

"Should I?" I wonder.

*Freddie's POV*

"Do you think she'll come back over here?" He asked.

"I really don't know." I sighed truthfully.

"Go to her room. Girls like it better when you make an attempt to go get them back rather than texting them or something like that." He told me.

"Thanks, Shelbs. I'll see ya later, man." We bro-hugged, then I went out the door.

I slowly made my way to the elevator, then got on. After it signaled that I had reached her floor, I took my sweet time walking to her room. Then, I slowly knocked on her door three times.

*Ryder's POV*

"Oh, crap." I froze at the sound of someone knocking on the door.

"Go answer it. I know it's him." Kellie told me.

I sighed like a teenage girl not wanting do something her mom told her to do, then trudged my way to the door.

"Hi." I looked up at his 6'5" stature.

"Hey, listen, I'm sorry about earlier. I'm just really, protective, I guess is the right word." He laughed nervously.

"It's okay. Sorry I freaked out." I smiled slightly.

"Can I, uh, come in?" He asked cutely.

"Duh," I laughed, walking away from the door and towards the living room.

"Hi, Kellie!" Freddie said, then joined me on the couch.

"Hey!" She said cheerily.

"I'm going to find some of the guys and see if they wanna come shopping with me so I won't bug y'all." She winked, then headed out the door.

"Sooo...." Freddie trailed off.

"What's on your mind, Einstein?" I laughed a little.

He chuckled before he replied,

"Nothing. Just tried."

"You're not telling me the whole truth, Fredrick." I jokingly used his full name.

"Hey now, easy with the full name." He smiled a toothy grin.

*Freddie's POV*

"What's on your mind, Einstein?" Ryder asked me cutely. She was so adorable, I really couldn't handle it.

"Nothing, just tired." I lied.

Truth is, there was something on my mind; her. I couldn't believe I had gotten myself into a situation where I was cheating on a girl I realized I didn't love anymore because I found a girl who makes me so unbelievably happy.

She made me laugh, smile, confuse myself, and have a completely different outlook on life, all at the same time. She kept me going, no matter what was happening around me. And the fact that I'm eventually going to break this sweet little girl's heart broke mine. And I've brought this all upon myself.