\\Chapter Four//

A/n: shoutout to KellBell59 for that pic of Freddie and that baby aka my death.

•Miami Florida - first day of spring training•

I woke up by the sound of thunder outside. I flipped over and looked at my phone, trying to decode the time and my notifications.

4:39 A.M., 3 notifications.

Two texts from Freddie, and a Twitter follow.

Mr. First baseman: 'Good morning sunshine!'
Mr. First baseman: 'I know you're probably not awake but I can't sleep so I just wanted to say that I hope you have a good day! See you soon?😏'

I smiled at the text, he was such a sweetheart. I laughed lightly and replied,

'Good morning! And yes, you will see me soon😏'

I got up and took a shower because sleep wasn't coming back to me. By the time I got out, it was 5:50. We had a team meeting/ breakfast thing at 7, so I figured that I should wake Kellie up.

"Good morning!" Kellie smiled at me as I walked into the kitchen.

"Hey," I yawned.

"You're up early."

"Yeah. Just thinking." She took a sip of her orange juice.

"About?" I questioned.

She shrugged,

"Different things."

"Well, I'm all ears if you ever want to talk." I smiled.

"Thanks, girl. You excited for your date tonight?" She smirked.

"It's not a date!" I blushed.

"Asking you to be his date means it's a date. Don't try and argue that."

"Ugh. Okay." I sighed in defeat.

"You know I'm right."

"Whatever. Let's get ready for breakfast." I smiled.

"And I know that sweatshirt isn't your's, either." She told me.

"I know." I smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, guys!" Freddie met us at the elevator.

"Hi!" Kellie said cheerily as we stepped off.

"Hey, Ms. Trainer." Freddie smirked, opening the door to the room where our meeting was going to be.

I bit my lip,

"Hey, flirt."

He rolled his eyes,

"I'm just being friendly."

Freddie, Kellie, and I sat down at the table, waiting for them to start the meeting. All the boys were a little antsy because they were ready to get at the food.

"You were not." I protested lightly.

"Was to," He replied.

"Was not,"

"Yes, Freddie, you were. Now, can y'all shut up so we can start the meeting?" Kellie leaned over to us.

I looked up towards the front of the room, coach Gonzalez was staring us down.

"Sorry, coach." Freddie hung his head in shame.

"It's okay, lovebirds. Just keep your love life off the field." He replied, then continued to talk.