Almost Spilled the beans, Chase!

Scene Skip: Currently in the Paw Patroller, heading to the beach.

The pups were talking and chatting with each other, but Skye kept herself, in her own world. She kept her gaze out the window to the moon shining bright. "The night is so Beautiful." She whispered to herself, under her breath. 

She looked up at the starry sky, it was a great night to just lay under the stars and just be there. Skye felt like the hole in her heart, missing her family, has been slowly filled up being with the pups and Ryder. 

They were like their own little family. She turned her head briefly, and fixed her eyes onto Chase, sitting there talking with Marshall. She quickly turned her head back away, before they could notice. She thought about his Auburn sparkling in the moon's light. 

"Aren't you excited to get the beach, Chase?" Marshall said, excutsacilly. "Sure am, Marsh!" Chase responded, looking back at him. " I wonder how nice it's going to look." Marshall says looking up. "Same, buddy." Chase responds, he looks at Skye, facing the window. She looked so peaceful, well she does everyday. 

He kept his eyes onto her, daydreaming. Marshall looked back, he first looked at Chase, then looked where he was looking, then started to grin, "Whatcha lookin' at Chase?" Marshall said, nudging him gently.

Chase quickly snapped out of his thoughts and faced Marshall, "Nothing, just zoned out." Chase said, making up a logical excuse. Marshall shrugged his shoulder and looked outside, to the almost quiet City, people still walk on the streets, holding briefcases and looking important.

"We're almost there pups!" Ryder said leaning back in his chair to face them. The pups all howl in excitement. Liberty walked away from the driver's side and jumped next to Skye. 

"Hey!" She said, nudging her gently. Skye quickly came out of her thoughts and faced Liberty. "Hey, Liberty." Skye said softly. "Whatcha' thinking about?" Liberty asks, also looking out the window to the night sky. 

"Nothing much." Skye said looking back outside. "Alright." Liberty responded back, Liberty yawned and stretched her arms. "Wake me up when we get there." Liberty said, laying down on the seat. Skye gently nodded and looked back outside. 

Her eyelids started to close, covering her Magenta eyes. She curled up into a ball and drifted asleep. 

Chase watched the two drift asleep on the not so nosy Patroller. He smiled to himself before turning his attention back outside. 

"One day I'll tell you." He said to himself. "Tell who what?" Marshall butted in, Chase looked at him, trying to get the right excuse. "Tell...Tell.." He tried to get an excuse nothing popped up in his head. 

He sighed as he looked back at the dally. 

This is it. This is when I tell my best friend everything.

He took a deep breath, looking back at him.

"Marshall. I-

"Pups! We're here!" Ryder said getting up from his seat and walking in the middle of the Patroller. 

Chase could feel a whole wave of relief hit him.

The pups all howl in excitement, as Liberty and Skye wake up form their sleep. "We're Here?" Skye said in a yawn. 

"Yup, let's go!" Rocky said jumping down. Liberty and Skye look at each other. They both sit up, the watch the others grab their belongings and exit the Patroller. 

"Come on." Skye said, jumping down. Liberty followed and they both exited the Patroller. 

"Wow." The pups, but Liberty, and Ryder said in awe. "I told you you wouldn't be disappointed!" Liberty says, proudly. "Come on!" Liberty runs over to the beach line shore, it was a beautiful sight. 

Surprisingly it was warm. "Last one in is a rotten Egg!" Zuma said, running after Liberty. "I guess I'm a rotten egg then." Rocky said, pridefully, as he walked along the sand. The pups all ran into the water, and started to splash and have fun. 

Rocky was walking along the nice, cushioning sand, and enjoyed the scenery the beach had to offer. "This was a great Idea!" Skye said standing up in the shallow water. "Thank you." Zuma and Liberty both say in sync. "Now, let's see who can swim the fastest!" Zuma said looking at Liberty. "Your on!" Liberty said, swimming out, with Zuma following.

"Their are quite a pair." Chase said watching Liberty and Zuma go against each other. "Deffentalty." Marshall agreed. Skye laid down in the water and looked up to the night sky, it felt so up close. 

She reached her paw out, up to the sky, but quickly pulled back. She looked around her and all her friends were playing with each other. But it then hit her.

She keeps on isolating herself from them. 

She quickly got up and walked over to Chase and Marshall talking. Chase turned his head to her and smiled. "Hey Skye!" He greeted, his tail started to wag. "Hey! You guys want to play something?" Skye said, ready to play. "Want to see whos the fastest at running in the water?" Marshall says, ready to run. 

"You're on!" Chase and Skye said in sync. Skye walked over, a 100 meters, away from Chase and Marshall.

She raised her paw up in the air, they both got ready to run. 

She dropped it quickly, and they both started to sprint towards her. She personally felt a little scared, two big dogs, bigger than her, are sprinting towards her.

Whoosh!

They both passed her, a tie. "That was a tie!" Skye said, looking behind her to the two taking long breaths. "Why not we keep going until somebody wins?" Skye said walking up to the two. 

"Alright, lets do it."