Chapter 20 |Part One|

Midnight hit, as they all stopped. Their headlights shinning on the building only doing small effect. They all slowly lifted up their heads to look to the building. All their eyes widened.

"Oh Jeez," Marshall said, under his breath. He looked to the boy, taking a picture of the building. He scrolled thru the picture, looking at it closely.

Searching up the building, information came up on his phone. "It says it's been abandoned for years." Ryder muttered to himself quietly. "14. Floors." He said, slowly lifting up his head, looking to the pups.

"14 Floors?!" Liberty said, holding onto the handles of her scooter, tightly after she heard the news. He nodded his head, looking back to it.

"This is not going to be easy." Ryder said in a deep sigh. "I'm calling the police right now." He said, dialing 9-1-1 on his phone. Soon, putting it to his ear. 

"Come on pups." Chase said, jumping out of his vehicle. He turned his head to the others, jumping off or out theirs's as well. 

He looked back to the building, hesitant as well as the others. He looked down to his pup tag, pressing it to call the Cockapoo.

They all heard the Pup tag beep for the call, only. Nothing.

"Not. Good." Marshall repeated, jumping out of his Firetruck.

"Not good at all." Liberty agreed, biting her lip. "We need to get in there and find her." She pointed to the building, looking around to the others.

"I'll wait out here for the police to arrive, you pups can head inside and try and find her." Ryder started to scroll thru his phone, linking something. They all looked to the Shepherd's collar, chiming softly.

"The beeping with get louder once you get closer to her." Ryder explained, putting his phone away into his back pocket. Chase nodded his head, jumping out his vehicle. Slowly, he walked to the front entrance, seeing the worn down door up close.

He stopped in front of it, standing up onto his hind legs. He opened up the door, letting the other's see inside. Their eyes widened, seeing inside of the hallow, dark and creepy building. Shivers all ran thru them.

"Can't Chase, just go in?" Rocky asked, looking to the boy. Seeing his head shake back at him.

"Come on pups." Marshall encouraged, walking over to the open doors. He walked thru, looking around to the open and wide space. Dust and humid in the air, cobwebs, and spiders crawling around on the floor.

He walked around one, looking back to the entrance. The other's following the Shepherd inside. Looking around as well. Slowly, the door closed behind them, then seeming pitch dark inside.

"Stairs." Chase said, pointing ahead to the stairwell. Carpet ripped up from almost every step while the railings were broken. Wood hanging on barley. 

They all looked at the Shepherd's soft chiming Pup tag. Slowly, he walked ahead of them to the stairs whipping his head around. 

"Let's hope there isn't any guards." Liberty hopped in a whisper. 

"Let's hope she isn't really in this building, then we'll talk." Zuma said, blinking his eyes slowly. 

"Come on pups." Chase directed, pointing up the stairs. They all followed behind him, quickly running up the steps, going round to the next way. 

Chase slowed down in his pace, looking above to down the hallway. Seeing men dressed in black, walking down the hallway. 

He started to back away, down the carpet stairwell. Looking to the pups behind him climbing it. He gestured them to stop. Slowly, he lifted his head to look over to the next floor. The men dressed in black turning down the hall, talking to one another.

Chase softly sighed in relief, looking back to them. He gestured them to follow him while quickly rushing up the stairs quietly.

He stopped, whipping his head around while they caught up. All looking to him in confusion. He looked to down the hallway. The opposite direction of the guards, a fire stairwell, leading up and down to all the floors.

He ran over to it, the pups following close behind. He stood on his hind legs, opening up the door for them all, gesturing them inside as they did. 

He looked down the hall to the guards. Both glaring to him. His eyes widened, quickly running into the case of stairs. 

He closed the door behind them all. Quickly locking it.

They all heard banging from the other side of the door, startling them all. He backed away, looking to the window as a guard held up walkie-talkie, snarling as he talked into it.

"CHASE!"

He whipped his head up. Looking to them all pointing upwards. He nodded his head, running up to them. Kicking off each step to skip another. 

They all heard their collars beep with a call. Soon, automatically picking up while they ran. The Shepherd glanced to the boy, sitting on his ATV anxiously as the Patroller showed behind him. Calling it to the location as well as the police as from as time passed.

"Good News and Bad news." He informed them all. Seeing as their cameras jingled every time they galloped up a step.

"Good news?" Chase requested to know. Glancing down to his.

"Found out how many guards are inside." Ryder replied, looking down to his pup pad. 

"Bad news?" Rocky asked, keeping his head pointed above as he ran up with the others.

"More than a Hundred."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

|Sorry for the late updates, Trust me, you'll get more, more frequently!|