Chapter 20 {Part 2}

The Pups all stopped at the next level. Seeing a metal door in their way before entering into the next level of floor. Chase stood under the window. Standing up onto his hind legs.

He looked out of the glass window. Seeing thru was the hallway to the next level. Three different ways from the metal door they were at.

Down different ways, wall's paint worn out as well as the wooden doors. Some missing from their frames.

He stood down onto all fours as he did, he grabbed the handle, pulling it open slowly. The pups all peeked their heads out, looking down the hallways different ways. No one. They walked thru, as Chase let go, walking after in a hurry as the metal slammed closed behind them.

They jumped in startlement, looking back to the shut metal door. They looked down the hallway, looking to one another in hesitation. Then, seeing as the Shepherd walked down ahead in a hurry, trotting down the hallway in a hurry. 

HE stopped at a open door, looking inside to a recked inside of a hotel room. Counters ripped and fallen off. Trimming all around the top of the ceiling as the paint was peeled of in areas.

Everything looked uncomplete and abandoned to parish. He looked back ahead, soon, narrowing his eyes at a closed door. "Come on," He called out in a whisper, trotting down the hallway in a hurry. 

They all followed after the Shepherd down the hallway. Their eyes following along broken down wooden doors around them all.

Carpet ripped up in corners around the trimming down at the bottom of the walls. They all stopped near the Shepherd, looking up to the door in hesitation. Seeing a room number on it.

602

"Might as well start here," Chase muttered in annoyance. Soon, standing up onto his hind legs, reaching out to the door handle.

He grabbed hold of it with both paws, pushing it open. Seeing around was a white room. And a stool in the middle of the room. Soon, caws echoed thru ought the room. 

They all ducked down, letting an Eagle fly out of the room, flying past them by above and flying out into the hallway, cawing loudly as it's wings flapped.

The Shepherd quickly stood up, looking back to the eagle briefly as it flew down the hallway, soon disappearing as it turned the corner.

Looking back inside of room. Narrowing his eyes to the fallen down stool. Empty to where she used to be.

"We found her room but we didn't find her." He looked back to them all. Standing up straight and looking inside.

The dally then turned around. Looking down the hallway to the end. Spotting as different guards all hurried to get to the fire exit stairwell.

Echoing footsteps down the floors of stirs. Watching as they dropped what they had. Ignoring the canines presence.

Sniffing the air, his nose began to wrinkle and shrivel. "Why does it smell like burning wood." He asked himself. Catching their attention.

Turning their heads and looking back to the dally. Soon, barking out his pup pack. A screen came out, pointing downwards.

Looking thru the screen. His eyes instantly widened and his facial expression dropped to a change.

Slowly lifting up his head. A loud screech of siren started to wail out, echoing through out the building. Hurting all of their ears.

"Fire," He squeaked. His tail dropping once the words escaped his mouth.

"No- No. NO not good." Rocky barked. Looking around in a panic.

"We need to get out of here, and fast." Liberty directed. Narrowing her eyes and looking back to them all.

"Alright, you pups go- I'll find her." Chase stated. Pointing back to the fire exit. Looking back to them as his eyes narrowed.

"Chase, out of any cray ideas- This is NOT one of them." Zuma pointed back to him. "Fire we are talking about." 

"Yeah, and Skye is gonna get hurt she stays in here, or worse." He looked back to him in a glare. "Marshall, make sure they get back safe," He directed. Turning his head and looking back to the Dally.

Watching as he let out a sigh. Nodding his head in a response, looking back to them. "Come on," He commanded. Soon, pushing off into a sprint past them to the fire exit where the humans rushed to.

Then, the Shepherd watched as they ran by over into a hurry to the fire exit. Narrowing his eyes to it as well.

He pushed off the ground into a quick paced sprint.

Their eyes then followed him as he ran by them into the crowd of humans running to the open fire exit.

He hurried into the stairwell. Listening to different footsteps echoing all around from the rushing panicked Adults.

Lifting up his head and looking to the stairwell upwards. His eyes narrowed.

Running thru another Fire exit. Past the rushing humans, Chase hurried out onto another level from the stairwell.

Narrowing his eyes to down the hallway. His eyes instantly noticing down the hallway, past different ways, a broken down open doored room with white walls inside.

Attached to the screams inside in an instant.

Pushing off the ground to a run once more. He ran around the crowds of Adults running down the hallways and pathways to the fire exit.

He sprinted over to the room where the cries and barks out for help originated. 

He stopped sliding a few inches to the entrance of the room. Looking around and spotting to the corner.

Noting the Cockapoo in the same Cage as from before. Barking out for help, her ears and tail lowered down as she shook the cage's metal bars.

"Skye!" He shouted out in relief as well in a panic. 

Whipping her head and looking back to the Shepherd. Her eyes instantly widened in a relief and thankfulness.

"Thank dog," She muttered under her breath. Watching as he hurried over to her. Unlocking and opening up the cage.

Helping her out. He spotted as she was injured, with bruises all around her. His eyes widened.

"What did they do to you." He asked in shock. Helping her onto his back gently. Looking up to her in shock.

"Not now but currently we need to escape this place." She narrowed her eyes. Looking down to him as she held onto him securely.

Nodding his head. He turned around and hurried to the exit. His pace slowed down from the weight onto his back.

Walking out into the hallway. They both looked down to the fire exit. Free from the crowd and Adults.

Hurrying over to it, he struggled to keep up the same pace as from before. Still, determined to hurry.

Looking down to him as they both entered into the Fire exit. Noticing as his pace was slowed down.

Her eyes widened slightly. Her nose beginning to burn from the smell of smoke. Beginning to feel light headed.

"Chase, I'm just dead weight."