hangovers & cursing

you groaned as the cool bitter liquid ran down your throat, sighing in satisfaction. you grabbed another piece of chicken, giving johnny a side-eye, as he was smacking on his food obnoxiously loud.

"you're eating everything! it's my birthday, not yours. fatty..." you pouted, lips glimmering and pursed.

"i'm doing you a favour! i don't want our birthday girl to be bloated." he rebutted.

hyemi eyed her boyfriend in disbelief, watching as he snatched the drumstick from your hand.

"yah! don't starve my best friend," she leaned across the coffee table, stealing the greasy food from his grasp just as it was about to be devoured, "hungry hungry hippo." you teased johnny as hyemi handed you your original chicken piece, blowing raspberries childishly.

"guys, our little blue has a study date tomorrow." kibum squeaked with his mouth full.

"bro, with who?" hyemi turned to the blonde man, intrigued.

"jeon. won. woo."

"you mean the one with the scary dude with the hot voice?"

"bro, i'm literally right here, how could you say that?" johnny looked hyemi straight in the eye, his girlfriend brushing him off causing you and kibum to laugh.

"yup, that's him. they were hitting it off in class today, you should have seen them. they looked like they were about to suck each others faces off." kibum made slurping and kissing noised, lips pursed, making out with the air.

"dude, that's enough," you reached across the table, stuffing a piece of chicken into his mouth to shut up the chatterbox, who then gave you a bitter glare, "plus he literally has soulmates, you said it yourself."

"he could just cheat on them."

"kibum!" you all screeched in unison.

the man just shrugged his shoulders, grabbing your beer and downing it.

♤ ♧ ♢ ♡

it was now close to midnight, your other guests evacuating your apartment earlier in the night, leaving you and hyemi to relax on your balcony, hyemi choosing to sit on the cold floor unbeknownst to you, as you slowly rocked in the makeshift hammock you had installed sporadically for when the two of you needed rest last summer.

you both held a warm beverage in your hands to heat you up in the biting weather of february, the aroma of hyemi's coffee blending with the smell of her lit cigarette wafting into your nose. you sipped gingerly on your tea, disliking coffee though you were forever enthralled by the scent.

you looked at your wrists in the dim light, failing to recognise any traces of red font appearing on your arm.

"it's 12:01," you huffed out a sigh feeling dejected. soon, you felt the fabric dip beside you and you were welcomed with a warm embrace, the doe-eyed girl soothing you gently, "guess i'm a void then." smiling bitterly in disappointment, you looked up at the brown-haired girls face, her thick brows knotted in concern.

you rubbed your hand across her wrist, seeing the two names permanently engraved onto her skin. you admired the black font, examining the red inscription underneath as you thought about her other unknown soulmate.

"it's not all that great having a soulmate; sometimes i wanna break his teeth in," she complained in an attempt to cheer you up, "it's so annoying, especially when he's jerking off. once, i was trying to order a drink and the fucker decided it'd be the perfect time to please himself. i fucking moaned at the cashier."