jack rabbits

all eleven of you were squashed into the minuscule booth, you, being the smallest, were smushed between strong shoulders causing you to wince in response to the moderate pain, yet the warmth they gave you felt comfortable.

two of your soulmates continued to bicker at a great volume, frustrating the others severely. wonwoo had had enough, the introverted male shouting for them to shut up, which worked wonders.

you gave an awkward smile when it became more silent, unsure of what to do or say. thank god for the angelic person with the pretty eyes and sculpted nose, if not for him, the silence would have stretched for lengths.

"let's introduce ourselves, shall we? i'll go first. hi, i'm seokmin. you're prettier than i'd imagined."

"hi, seokmin." you cheesed like a school girl when he flashed you his pearly whites, dying at his eye smile.

"hello, i'm chan, nice to finally meet you. i'm so glad i'm not the youngest anymore." he did a little fist pump, which you found adorable.

"hi, chan. are you a year above then? i haven't seen you around campus."

"i don't go to westbrook, i'm a dancer at fiva college. but i am a year above you... i guess."

going round the table you learned their names, using any and all lasting brain cells, to remember all ten names.

the more you stayed and chatted, the greater the sense of familiarity was between you, allowing for you to integrate yourself into their dynamic.

you found out that the next day was vernon and seokmin's birthday, and that they would be overjoyed if you were to attend their little get together.

"hey blue, i'm so sorry, once again. that was really childish of me." jeonghan spoke softly, being barely audible though you were pushed up against his side.

"it's okay, i've forgiven you, no? it's only because you're protective of your pretty boyfriends. i would do the same thing too, honestly." the strong eye contact between the two of you made you squirm and wriggle inside. a strong tingling and vibrating sensation began to spread within you, causing you to break eye contact in shock.

"what the shit..." you whispered under your breath, blatantly confused.

"you felt that too? god, it feels like ages since i've and a new soulmate." he grinned looking up a the ceiling.

"wait, what was that? that-that feeling?"

"it's the connection between soulmates. our little staring contest? you felt something there right? well the bond did too, it began strengthening."

"what?" at this point, you were beyond confused; how could the bond be strengthening when you barely know each other? for christ's sake you were at each other's necks an hour ago.

"bonding happens in stages, not all at once as some tend to believe. the first stage, is kinda like...the initiation stage; the beginning of a spark if you will." the mulleted man you now knew as minghao spoke up, lifting his glasses from his nose up to his hair to rest it on his head.

"so what i felt with jeonghan just now, was the 'initiation' stage in the creation of our soulbond?"

"exactly. this tends to cause people to be more attracted to their soulmate, but it can vary depending on person."

"whoa. there's a lot we don't learn about in school about soulbonds."

"yea, they miss out the fact that when you bond, the desire to rip the others clothes off gets amplified, by like, a gazillion. it took a week to get junnie-hyung off me. my ass was so sore-"

"okay, and, that's enough," jihoon covered soonyoung's mouth with immediate effect before the man could go off on a tangent. talk about tmi.

you grimaced at the imagination of the poor man being hammered for a week straight, almost pitying him. you laughed internally when jihoon frantically wiped his hands on his jeans when the elder licked the hand covering his mouth.

once again the table erupted into noise, the quieter members like you and wonwoo, observing with smiles on your faces.

you felt at peace knowing that you'd never have a dull day in the future, exiting you further for the week ahead.

♤ ♧ ♢ ♡