♤ catastrophe & wotsits ♤

"you guys fucked?!"

"shhh!" you smothered kibum with your hand, desperate to quieten the obnoxiously loud man, "shut the fuck up, dude. half the school literally hates me and you're shouting that shit."

"i'm pretty sure half the school is scared of you, but okay." hyemi sassed from beside kibum, her attention on trying not to laugh at the death stare you gave her.

"whatever, i need details! how was it? was he good? was he big? was-"

"one fucking question at a time, ki. yes, he was good. so good..." you trailed off, mind travelling back to be in the moment, eyes fluttering.

"isn't it kinda soon?"

"i'm just thinking of it as a one night stand. with my soulmate. that i am most definitely gonna see again."

you stopped in front of hyemi's locker so she could fish out her textbook from the pile of rubbish that had accumulated since the start of the year.

the hallways bustled with life as students prepared for their lessons that began in less than ten minutes.

you pulled out your phone, searching for ash's contact number so you could shoot him a message, asking him where he was. as you were typing, you felt a shadow loom over you, blocking the light.

"hey," a low voice said, bluntly.

"oh, hi again wonwoo. what's up?"

"i forgot to ask this mornin', but, our biology work? i wanna get it done as soon as possible."

"oh shit, yeah, cool," you stammered, "where'd you wanna meet?"

"i was wondering if we can do it at your's? i'd invite you over but i'm trying to avoid the house."

you cocked your head, eyebrows furrowing in confusion; everything seemed alright in the morning when you were there, what could've went wrong?

"there's just a lot of tension right now, and i don't wanna get caught up in it."

you stiffled a laugh, watching as the glasses wearing male scratched his nape.

"okay, that's totally fine."

"meet me at the carpark at the end of the day, i'll drive us. see ya, blue." he waved as he walked off, disappearing in to the mass of students.

you turned to kibum and hyemi, wondering if they'd seen the interaction, only to find them bickering and completely oblivious. you huffed out a sigh in disappointment, and walked off to your lesson.

♤ ♧ ♢ ♡

chemistry was a bore as usual, but you were finally able to stay awake as you had someone to talk to, though jinyoung barely uttered a word, only quietly laughing and humming in response now and then.

you were slightly concerned as ash looked troubled, picking at his skin, eyebrows knotted behind his blond blunt fringe and frowning. you were always good at reading body language and mannerisms, so it didn't take you long to pick up on this, but you didn't patronise him, believing that if he wanted to, he'd voluntarily tell you what was bothering him. but when you saw his flesh broken and bleeding, you decided it was time you asked.

"hey, jinyoung, what's up." you rummaged in your bag for a pack of tissues, pulling one out and mopping up the cut on his finger.

"huh? oh... i'm good."