bloody knuckles

it was a warm thursday morning, the sun bleeding through the thick grey curtains of your room. becoming aware of your surroundings, you realised that you had fallen asleep yesterday while on the phone; the boys had added you to their groupchat and were relentless in spamming memes and conversing about random topics.

checking the time, you'd realised that you had woken up before your alarm had started screaming for you to get up, so you decided to make a proper breakfast before school.

the kitchen was cold and empty as hyemi was still in the comfort of her own bed, mouth ajar allowing loud snores to rip through the apartment.

you whipped up an english breakfast with the remaining ingredients you found in the fridge, opting for a can of coke to wake you up instead of coffee.

"caffeine is caffeine." you whispered to yourself.

"mornin'" hyemi trudged in after managing to drag herself out of her bed, scowling at the fact that she didn't get to sleep in a bit longer.

"tired?" you inquired, sipping on your drink as you watched hyemi snatch a piece of bacon off your plate. you didn't mind as she looked cute with her puffy eyes and swollen lips that where pulled into a little pout.

she hummed in response before moving to make herself a cup of coffee, her actions sluggish. falling into a comfortable silence, you tucked into your food, paying attention to your friend as she wheezed about, moving through the small area clumsily.

"eat breakfast, you're losing weight." you didn't have to look at the taller girl to know that she was shooting daggers at you, her deadly stare boring holes into the side of your head.

hyemi wasn't stupid. she knew you were right. but that was the problem. you were right.

"shut up, weirdo," the brown haired girl huffed, "worry about your own problems."

"what problems?" you asked, half joking, half bewildered.

"shit, you don't know... i forgot you didn't have classes yesterday." she bit her lip, eyes avoiding yours as they shot all over the room.

"hyemi," you spoke in a stern mothering tone, slightly alarmed, enticing her to spill the words she had been keeping hidden, "tell me. what's going on?"

"well, it seems like some jealous fan had been spreading rumours about you..." you nodded your head at her, encouraging her to carry on, "everyone knows about you hanging out at svtea with wonwoo and his soulmates."

"is that it? that's not bad. you had me scared for a second." you chuckled turning away from your friend.

"actually, it is that bad. people are calling you a whore, a homewrecker. fuck, there are different versions of the rumour. some are saying that you're cheating on your boyfriend with wonwoo to get good grades, some said that you're some type of prostitute looking for an orgy. some said that you were chasing after them because you were so desperate despite having three soulmates."

you scoffed, ripping your eyes of hyemi's anxious frame, tongue poking your cheek.

"fuck. the story is completely fucking twisted. it's ok, it's ok. it can't be that bad, right?"

♤ ♧ ♢ ♡

you felt like you were burning.

throughout the morning you had deathly stares on you, making you feel vulnerable as they scanned you, often making sounds of disapproval or grunts of disgust.

many students didn't know of situation, or of you in fact, but after hearing the sorely contorted ideas, they began to dislike you. it seemed like everyone and their mum's had joined your hate club.