♢ breathing exercises ♢

it seemed as if the birds were celebrating the luminosity of mid spring, their songs being shrill and contagious. this, accompanied by the sounds of dancing oak tree leaves, gently coaxed you out of your peaceful sleep.

sitting up, you rubbed your warm palms across your puffy face, sighing out gently. sensing some deep breathing, you turned to your right, only to see seungcheol fast asleep, mouth ajar and limbs scattered across the bed.

you smiled gently using the minimal energy you had left in your body, before pushing yourself up and out of the room.

the house was as surprisingly quiet, judging from the very few times you were there.

the kitchen was empty, but slightly warm, making you think that they must've exited recently.

wandering round the halls, socked feet padding along the marble, you searched for a sign of life. you soon found yourself successful when you stumbled across a study.

the room was dimly lit, the light struggling to reach the furthest corners of the vast room. the furthest wall of this room was plastered with mahogany bookshelves, encyclopaedias, fiction and biographies littered amongst others.

before the wall of books, was a similar coloured large desk, decorated with stray pastel folders and stacks of discarded paperwork.

the left of the room was home to a three seater couch, also following the colour scheme.

the only thing anomalous to the pattern, was the man sat upon the sofa, wearing shades of grey. he was preoccupied, tapping away at his laptop momentarily, before pausing to scowl and run a sweaty hand through his tousled hair.

you observed his antics briefly, your great conclusion being made that he was stressed.

"hey," you snuggled into the side of your soulmate, attempting to offer some sort of relief in skin-ship, picking up on how fond he was of the contact through time spent together.

"hey, baby," the elder let out a drawn out sigh before tossing his head back and leaving it there for as few seconds; an odd way to relive tension.

"what's up? what's got my big baby all stressed?" you teased, smiling up at him gently, eyes fluttering shut for a bit as you tried to fight off the remnants of sleep within your vessel.

"it's this epq i'm tryna get done. it's so fuckin' irritating. i've been here for," he paused to check his watch, "four fuckin' hours for pete's sake."

"it's okay, gyu. just, breathe for me, baby."

"i am breathing."

"stop being such a smart ass."

"okay, okay. sorry. breathing."

you fell into a silence as you watched mingyu try to slow and regulate his breathing.

"you're wearing glasses," you stated, eyes locked onto his.

"i wear them for reading. should wear them more often though. now we're matching."

"you wanna be me so bad."

"nah. i wanna be in you."

"why do you do this?"

"i dunno? i do know that i wanna do you though."

"okay, shut the fuck up."

mingyu blinked down at you for a moment, cocking his head to the left and adjusting his thick framed glasses.

"i'm gonna have to fix that dirty mouth of yours aren't i?"

you'd heard something similar before, causing you to shudder slightly, flashbacks of the night out plaguing your mind. it seemed as if mingyu could tell something was up, becoming slightly more alert.