mint

"so you're telling me, that kim mingyu, the ripped 7 foot model looking guy from my med's class, is your soulmate?"

"yes, i've said this for the fifth-"

"the giant?"

"he is ta-"

"the big foot?"

"he-"

"the sasquatch?"

"yah!" you screamed down the phone at the irritating girl, causing people to stare. you waved them off apologetically, resuming your hasty walk to the café.

"just be sure to tell me how it goes," hyemi finally spoke after a coughing fit.

"it's not like you'd let me live if i didn't," you muttered before ending the call, the café's mint banner coming into sight.

pushing the door open and hearing the little bell chime, you quickly scanned the shop, searching for a very hot, very inexpressive face. your eyes landed on him reading a book whilst sipping on his iced drink and you swore you'd never seen anything so beautiful. it was a very sunny day, despite the cold weather, leaving the golden rays to illuminate the side of his face. the scenery was perfect; you would take a picture if you could.

"hi, how can i help you?" you turned to face the cashier, only to be shocked by his sheer beauty. looking from his kind eyes to his cute nose that was tinted red, similar to the apple of his cheeks. he had a dab of makeup on, accentuating his pretty eyes.

his smile, however, seemed to hold an unknown emotion, and you could sense his hostility. now you'd felt bad that you'd somehow made the guy uncomfortable.

looking up at the menu, you scanned for a sweet drink that lacked the bitter taste of coffee.

the cashier began to tap his finger impatiently, sighing as you took your time.

the cafe was almost empty, you being the only person in queue, so you confused as to why he was so irritated with you.

"i'll just get a slice of red velvet and the vanilla milkshake please," you smiled, looking back at the man.

"would you also like my boyfriend?" the worker muttered under his breath, eyes being hidden behind his wavy blonde hair.

"pardon?" you questioned, not sure if your ears where deceiving you.

"nothing," the man replied, diverting his attention, "here, when this lights up come and get your drink."

you took the device, making your way to the booth with your soulmate, but you could swear you felt eyes on you.

"hey," wonwoo spoke softly as you sat down, hearing his voice eradicating any intrusive thoughts you had. you couldn't help but blush, thankful that the colour didn't show up in your cheeks due to your darker skin.

"hi, how are you?" you asked, praying that the study date wouldn't be awkward.

"'m good. how about you? you look beautiful by the way."

on that note, you were sure no matter how melanated your skin was, you'd be absolutely beet red.

wonwoo chuckled at your wide eyes and shocked face before taking a sip of his drink, awaiting your response.