Ataraxia

A few days had passed since the fight between the two delinquent gangs. The concerned and confused delegation had been packed and carted off back to their homes under the combined efforts of a flustered and panicking Kaho and an alarmed and for some reason hurried Pah chin. 

Although the migrated-to-Tokyo-due-to-circumstances team also wanted to depart, they had been unable to, owing to their dear leader's injury. The gash on Kaho's shoulder had taken a turn for the worse after she refused treatment from the hospital, opting instead to simply wash it and bandage it for the time being. But she had made the huge mistake of diving into a pond in search of a kid's drowning doll. That and her careless attitude had combinedly caused the wound to get infected. A furious Rika and a tsking Baji and Draken had forcefully dragged the girl to the hospital to have her wounds checked and properly treated. 

"Say Kali, I think tomorrow would be good day to set back. Wotcha think?" Kaho asked without looking away from her painting. Kali who was gaming away in her phone simply hummed in answer. 

"Do you think Niichan will be pleased? Or will he get mad at me for not resting?"

Again Kali hummed.

"I hope he doesn't scare Haru and Izu by talking shit about my wounds"

"Hmm"

Anyone else would have been annoyed by the slew of hums that Kali threw about, but Kaho was different . On scale of ten, her patience had surprising resolve and usually never went above five or six. But of course there were characters who poked and prodded her iron will resolve and merciful nature only to be hit hard by her fiery temper that could not be reined in once she let it go for 'reasonable reasons'

Contrary to the alpha, the beta was slightly different. Kali's quick to flare temper was famous all throughout Sendai. It was just as she said, she had absolutely no patience for liars, idiots and haters. Unlike Kaho who only retaliated, Kali attacked straight up. She came off as rude and crude to most people. Her attitude to Kaho even, made others doubt the true leader of the Zion. But Kaho who knew and understood her better than anyone, knew that Kali would never disobey a direct order from her. 

"Yeah, let's go back tomorrow" Kaho said happily as she lay back on the cushions behind her. Kali hummed again.

"Captain, don't leave us. Waaaaaa" a girl with round glasses clung on to Kaho's arm as she struggled to walk over to her gang members. The fact that this particular girl was not the only one to cling to her was adding to the hard work factor. 

"Ugh, get off Mai" Kaho groaned, "and you too Yuki" 

The little gingerhead brat grappling onto her back whined loudly. His green eyes were crinkled and almost red from the number of tears at his beloved Nee going off again. Even though the others were slowly being prised off the leader continued to cling on to the brunette. Not even Kali with her inhuman strength was able to separate the boy from Kaho. 

Kaho sighed. Of course, it would come to this. The last time she had made the mistake of leaving without informing anyone and coming back to find her absence had made their peace treaty with the Kurayami had worsened. She had dived in and taken care of the matter so fast that the Purplettes had been left gaping. This time she was informing everyone and then vanishing. Looked like her faint hope that this idea was better was just a hope. 

"Ginger, I'll be back to check up on you, okay? I promise" she spoke softly as she gently prised him off her back. After several moments of comforting and promising various things, she finally succeeded in her endeavour

"Captain, may we escort you back"

"WHAT?!" 

It was late in the evening. Cicadas were just beginning their orchestra, and the street lights were slowly sputtering on. Mikey and Drakon's disagreement had been just resolved due to Takemicchi's intervening, leaving the others sighing thankfully, yet mostly surprised. Mitsuya, Hakkai, Chifuyu, Mikey, Draken were all hanging around at Baji's place, chilling out rather than discuss the previous happenings. It was an unspoken agreement.