Twenty Four

The future princess had gone to the palace for her dress fittings. It sparkled like crystals and the train was about ten feet long. Quite the royal wedding dress, of course it was a royal wedding. The more her dress was done, the more anticipation she felt. One of the maid stepped over to her handing Emma the most recent Whistledown. She glanced through it then the paper slipped out of her hand.

"Please get me out of this dress at once." She commanded.

The carrige ride back home felt like forever, though it wasn't that long. She had her doubts about Marina, but this exceeds what she thought could ever happen. People gossiped about the news along the streets and Emma couldn't help but feel embarrassed of the Bridgerton name at that moment.

Emma barged her way through the front doors and into the foyer. She looked around for her family who were all feeling a slight bit of ashame.

"Oh, dearest." The Vicountess said coming down the stairs. "You've heard?"

"Mama, of course everyone has heard! The whole of town knows Miss. Thompson duped us, putting the Bridgerton name to shame." Emme exclaimed which made her mother look surprised.

"Do not worry, my child." Her mother said calmly. "This scandal will be over soon. We are the Bridgerton's."

"This can not be what is happening when I am to marry the prince."

They were, but they were also still a normal high class family. All families have the ability to fall from their respective position with ease. Emmeline was scared of how this could affect her and if people found her unworthy now. She knew William did want to be with her, however, others words are also the true toxin of society that destroy relationships. What people say affects everyone, no one can deny

Emme went straight off to her room and started to write a letter, once she got started no one could take her hand away from that quill.

Dear, Marina Thompson

You are a women in a man's world, I do understand that. As a women you have to fight for your privileges and rights. I met you when you came here, you had many suiters lined up for you, you could have easily had any of them. Instead, you take my brother. We are the Bridgerton's. My sister is married to a duke and I am soon to be married to a Prince. Why would you try to go after my family? This could easily prevent my marrige from happening, not just jeopardizing your dignity, but mine. You may feel a loss for Colin, but you cost people so much more. My sisters still have to make matches and this might just be the type of rumor that makes people stay away from us. I have compassion for you, but you tricked a good man. He is young and still wants to travel, a baby is not right for him right now, especially one that is not his. He isn't dull either, he would know the baby was not his. You do know that. You know he would be too good of a man to throw you onto the streets and to have you ruined. Why do this to a good man, when you could have tricked anyone else?

From Colin's dear sister,
Emmeline Bridgerton