Chapter 23 --- Playboy

It was the beginning of the season, a bright new start screamed from the skies and a fresh dewy smell permeated the air. It was a season where the story started anew as it is

It was an unusual January to say the least, the rain was relentless, forcing everyone to take shelter lest the lightening lick their limbs and the thunder shake their bones. The constant down pour had become depressing and had most people staring out their windows wishing for the summer.

I cruised down an aisle, picking up my favorite poison, Jack Daniels, in the largest flask I could find it. Tonight felt good for fornication. The only thing missing was a man to share it with. I scoffed inwardly. It had been months since I had a real good tumble, one that was memorable, anyway.

If I wanted, I could find one tonight. Metro Manila was full of those who willingly threw themselves at me, fresh off the streets. It could be so easy just to walk this one block and I would have five or six of them trailing behind me, begging to go home with me.

Hoping for pictures, my eyes moved down as it scrolled the page, catching more photographs, literally watching the boy grow older. Toward the end of the page was when I discovered a graduation picture.

I felt a slight tingle in my tummy, an unfamiliar sensation as my dark brown eyes skimmed his face. I wondered what was so damned appealing about him. The prim pair of glasses sitting properly upon his nose distorted what beauty he had.

I didn't like men with glasses of any kind, but at the same time, his enhanced his attractiveness, making him appear more intelligent.

And he was. I had passed over an online article that stated he had been in the top ten of his class. He had been vying to go to Princeton but stayed in Philippines to be closer to his father while he began his campaign for local politics in Pasay.

I rose from my computer, dumbfounded by the feelings that surrounded me. I was...aroused. For some idiotic reason ... I was definitely beyond smitten by Patrick

I grappled for my glass that I had fixed and downed it in one shot. The brand burned me inside, coating in a fiery glaze that got beneath my flesh.

I felt how my heart slammed against my chest, an unusual desire surging within me. I stared at the photograph again, my jaw squaring. He wasn't what he would call overly attractive to some, but he possessed a simple kind of manliness that nonetheless made him appealing to any woman---Particularly me

I scoffed as I walked back to the bathroom. What the hell was I saying? I was drinking Jack Daniels pretty heavily, hoping to hell it would have the dire effect I so desperately needed. But the effect was just the opposite. Bit by bit, I realized maybe I just miss Patrick so much

Ever since he got back from Arizona before New year's eve, We haven't had the chance to talk or catch things up. Possibly, get dinner together or even a drive-thru at Mcdonald's. I haven't heard anything else from him since the beginning of the year

And somehow that made me realize I had a little emotion called loneliness

I had first really met Patrick on a Tuesday. A Tuesday night in October, to be exact. I remembered this clearly because no day since had I've been able to get him off my mind.

He dominated my thoughts like a drug I had to have another hit of, and another, and another. The first time I'd seen him, He was an eye candy at a fancy exhibit which happens to be his. I heard him laugh first, or so the narrative I spun for myself began.