Chapter 8 --- Jinx

I've never been the romantic type, quite honestly I've got a reputation for being exactly the opposite. They never say it to my face, but I've heard plenty of whispers, revolving around how I'm the only girl in town that will have no-strings-attached sex, be good at it, and truly enjoy it.

I glanced down at my watch again. Shit! Could the toll move any fucking slower?!

I already called the toll hotline for about sixty minutes ago and still, no toll truck has arrived yet.

I was usually a patient woman, Wait. No, I was just kidding but I had a real problem with insolent people. At the top of my list were probably asshole customer service reps.

I clenched my jaw and stared pointedly at the road. When I caught sight of someone across the stoplight, I watched as he perked up with interest.

I mentally rolled my eyes. I usually received this kind of attention from the opposite sex. I knew that I was pretty enough; but to me, it wasn't a big deal. It wasn't like I sat around all day thinking about my looks.

The opposite sex had always told me how gorgeous I was; and so I began to use my looks to my advantage. From college and well into adulthood, my top priority in all things was sex - even money came second.

I spent the day planning who I was going to screw, where and when; and then...I eventually executed. There was never a deficit in willing participants either. Boys and men alike were always throwing themselves at me. So of course, I, Margareth Toledo indulged.

But now that I was turning 22 soon, I was tired of it all. Actually, by the time I went out with André , I began to slow down from all this.

I had not been intimate with a man in two months. For a woman like me, that was the equivalent to an eternity. I had a huge libido. Yes, I shamelessly admit that I have one big possibly incomparable libido for a woman and could very easily dial up one of the men I had on reserve.

But I couldn't for no apparent reason.

I gaze up at the sun, It was particularly blinding that day but I barely squinted as I stared straight into its brightness. I thought back to another day like this one, a day where the sun was blinding and the air was muggy and humid.

What a horrible day! I thought to myself as I trudged down the street, pausing every now and then to search for road names.

I'd quite literally got out of the wrong side of the bed that morning and everything had gone wrong since.

I'd lost a shoe, somehow, as well as I witnessed coupled-up people canoodling on every corner. And for my very very fortunate state of the day my car broke down in the middle of Paco road

It was my friend's wedding day. Wait, No. Not exactly 'friend' kind of friend. My bestfriend's exboyfriend is going to get hitch to that one woman who caused their break up.

Lahat naman ng tao sumeseryoso pag tinamaan ng pagmamahal. Yun nga lang, hindi lahat matibay para sa temptasyon. Unfortunately, Yun nga Gerard wasn't strong enough