Chapter 36 --- Ruined

The night was just settling in, the sky in the west was a forlorn and tattered pink under low gray clouds as the rain has slowed to a drizzle, the sky is overcast, a brooding grey. It matches my mood.

I awake to a driving rain. It takes me several seconds to force my mind to capture the situation. A flash of lightening. White light exploded in every inch of the universe. Crashing thunder shakes the trees. Then my mind drifted back to Sandra and that final blow she had given me

“Sandra”  My voice half pleaded “I need to talk to you. I need to explain what was happening. I don't want you to misunderstand." I know I am making this sound like I was calm and composed throughout all of this I was not by any stretch.

 Just then my sister stopped dead on her tracks only to pick up some oranges that slip of the paper bag she was holding. She pivoted around so she was facing me. "There's nothing to explain. I haven't forgotten the emotional wringer of romance or the torturous experiences desire extorts."

 "But I don't want you to be mad at me," I entreated with tears in my eyes. The tears were from the guilt I felt for the fact Sandra was not smiling, something I had never experienced before.

“Screw propriety and politeness” Sandra shook her head vehemently "I'm not mad at you, I'm mad at myself--- mad of my fvcking self for trusting you! Patrick is the last chance to attain happiness yet you’re trying to steal him away!”

"Please, Sandra. We've got a lot to talk about."

"I disagree. There is nothing I want to discuss with you." She said shortly, stuffing the fruits back to the paper bag rougher than necessary. My face fell for a moment, but I took a deep breath. I was expecting this, and my shining brown eyes held firm resolve in them.

"Cassandra, please." I whispered once more, grabbing onto the sleeve of her Marc Jacobs cropped jacket. Sandra halted momentarily, slightly stunned by the sudden contact, but her face instantly hardened.

"Margareth, you'd better let go of me right now." Sandra's voice was cold and I inhaled sharply. Instantly, my hands fell away. There was no ounce of warmth in her voice, and it shook me to the core.

"You hate me. I understand completely, but you gotta hear me out, Sandra so can we just be adults about this?" I tried a different route. I could feel her eyes begin to water at how awful this whole situation was.