Chapter 29 ---- Verdict

The heat of his gaze stoked the fire inside me and I felt my nipples stiffen in almost painful arousal. The lust in his gaze was there for anyone to see and in moments, I could see other, prominent evidence that I'd hit a home run.

“What are you doing here?”

Without hesitation I brought my lips to his and kissed him like I never kissed him before. Spilling my heart into it and hoping he would feel what I was trying to tell him. He moaned into my mouth and pinned me against the wall again as he closed the door.

I wrapped my arms around his neck while his strong hands gripped my hips. His kiss, his smell, his weight pushed up against mine, it was all pleasantly overwhelming. God I missed him. I don't think I could ever get enough of him.

I was too busy pushing him away that I closed myself from the possibility that maybe he really did want me just as much as I wanted him. I was so worried about getting hurt that I never gave myself a chance to be happy. My body was made for Patrick's touches and I was sure of that

 He caught my bottom lip between his teeth and gently suckled it as I moaned in response.

"That is so unfair
," he said, a catch in his voice. "I thought it was the guys that were supposed to keep trying to turn 'no' into 'yes'." I could see his hands quiver a little as he took my hands and lifted me to my feet.

 Then, as we stood toe to toe, I pulled him to me and melted into his arms, allowing my mouth to devour his. God, the man knew how to kiss! In seconds, I was totally drenched. The feel of his arms around me, pulling me into him, set me on fire.

His erection rubbed against my belly in a way that made me want to rip his clothes off him right now, and my breasts were squashed flat against his chest.

 For a moment, I thought he'd given in to me, but then he pushed me back and held my shoulders in his hands. "Oh, no," he said huskily. "No means no, Vixen.

"No,"
I almost wailed. "This so isn't fair! I want you! I need you! Please!" Involuntarily, I rubbed my ass back against him.

 "You're right about one thing,"
he said heavily. "It isn't fair, but it's what's going to happen.”

I looked at him, standing there full of desire and need, and knew that he was right. This shouldn't happen tonight, despite how much I longed for his touch. That thought sent another jolt of electricity through me that almost made me beg once more, but I managed to keep from losing my dignity again.

 "At least, if you're going to insist on being a gentleman, give me one last kiss” said softly.

 Wordlessly, he took my face in his hands and kissed me gently, almost lovingly, before he let me go.