Chapter 33 --- Haunted

I tried my best to avoid Patrick as much as I could. I could tell he was mad at me for walking out but I needed to sort out his feelings and.. mine as well.

What if I could just tell it to Sandra?

I jumped when I heard my name behind her. My heart was beating fast as I turned to find her there.

"Meg!"

 I turned to see Sandra running over to me with a huge smile on her pretty face. Her dark brown hair hung in loose waves around her shoulders and her eyes were shining with enthusiastic delight.

She was dressed to kill in a pair of black shorts that showed off ridiculously toned and tanned legs and a bright green halter top

My sister, Sandra, had called telling me that she was coming to Makati so we could go shopping. I felt a pang of guilt hiding all these things from her, but I thought the things she won’t know would not kill her anyway.

 So I tried my best to sound so thrilled about it even though Shopping isn’t really my thing most especially after long hours of work. I silently congratulated my ability to accurately predict her. It was true that I had reluctantly agreed to the ritual planned for that day.

This kind of affair wasn't my cup of tea at all. However, I agreed, after a coordinated assault by Sandra and two of my other half sisters

Rich people. Beyond belief rich people, too. Plus not the kind that have worked all their lives and earned it, it was all inherited.

I had a devil may care don't give a shit attitude all the time. I suppose people with huge resources can get that way, if they want something they just get it and that is it.

I averted my face as I wiped at my eyes. Guilt was slowly eating me up alive most especially know she’s so nice to me. I wanted to cry and I definitely didn't want to do it in front of my sister...

"Oh isn't this place incredible! You look amazing—Wait, why are you--?”

“Oh, it’s nothing really. I always wanted us to be sisters before and I just.. I can’t believe this is finally happening”

"Don't be silly, after what you've done for us I consider you family." She said and hugged me close. I was touched. It wasn't often I had this level of inclusion and feeling of family. My emotions were all over the place and tears threatened to spill.

“Oh this is so much fun! Thank you for coming for me. I'm so glad you're here and we’re so gonna shop ‘til we drop!"

I laughed. Sandra was always so happy. I couldn't remember a time when Sandra had been anything less than happy ever since her engagement. At times it was down right scary, but I tended to make the people around me happy.

“Ate Ella and Bubble’s gonna be here in a lil”

 I followed my happily chattering Sister to the table where my other two sisters were sitting.

Glad you made it, Meg!” Ate Ella gave me a lip-cheek kiss. Fina on the other hand hugged me tightly

“Awesome! Kompleto na naman tayo!” She said as she beamed me that smile