Sisters

Raven and I stood with Beast Boy and Cyborg as they tried to win a prize.

I leaned over to Raven "They do realize these games are rigged, right?"

But I was only met by the boys' shouts of victory.

Beast Boy came over and handed a huge stuffed chicken to Raven "Told you we'd win you a prize,"

"A giant chicken. I must be the luckiest girl in the world," Raven claimed.

"Oh come on Rae, I think it's sweet," I teased.

Ever since I joined the Teen Titans, Raven and I became close much to the amazement of the others. But I think it's because she and I had similar abilities.

"Titans! Trouble!" Robin shouted.

"Where's Starfire?" Cyborg asked.

"That's the trouble," Robin ran off and we quickly followed.

We all noticed the squid-like thing following Starfire.

"Who's her new best friend?" Beast Boy wondered.

"Don't know...but I can't wait to meet him," Robin replied.

The squid zoomed past us and Cyborg quickly caught the tail as I tried to use its shadow to help.

"Don't know what you did to make this thing mad, Star, but it couldn't hurt to apologize!" Cyborg told Starfire.

"I am...sorry?" Starfire tried as the tentacles came from our grip.

Robin used his staff to hit it and drive the craft back.

"So, did we just win?" Beast Boy asked.

The creature burst through the pier, Robin landed on top of it.

"I don't see an off switch. Guess I'll have to make one," Robin punched and pulled out the wires.

The creature whirred and sparked before exploding in the sky with Robin back on the ground safely.

"Whatever that thing was it can't hurt you now," Robin told Starfire.

"But why did it wish to hurt her at all?" I wondered.

***

We walked into the Tower

"Come, friends. I shall thank you for my rescue by reciting the Poem of Gratitude-all six thousand verses," Starfire proclaimed.

I stopped Robin with my hand as I sensed someone else in the shadows.

"I see you haven't changed a bit," the person walked out and we could see that it was a girl similar to Starfire, but instead had black hair and black clothing and purple eyes. "When we were little, I was always rescuing Starfire,"

"Sister!" Starfire screamed as the two hugged

Starfire's sister held up a necklace with a large green gem "Brought you a present,"

"A Centauri moon diamond?!?! Where did you get..."

"On the Centauri moons, of course," The sister fastened it across her neck "Oh, look, it matches your eyes,"

"You must meet my friends!" Starfire brought her sister to where we were still standing "I wish to introduce my big sister,"

"Blackfire." The sister introduced herself "And since Star told me all about the Titans in her transmissions, let me guess. Cyborg,"

"Pleased to meet you, little lady," Cyborg greeted, shaking her hand "Little lady, big handshake. Well, all right,"

"Raven. I like that gemstone on your Ajna chakra,"

"You...know about chakras?" Raven asked impressed...slightly.

"I got way into mediation on Altara Prime. Beast Boy! What's up?"

"Nothing but the ceiling, baby." Beast Boy kidded.

Blackfire laughed "Good one!"

Beast Boy looked over at me and Raven "See? She thinks I'm funny,"

"Statistically, I suppose someone has to," Raven said.

"And you must be Robin. Oh, I am loving this cape. It's positively luscious!"

"Thanks. It's a high-density polymerized titanium, ten times stronger than steel," Robin said.

"Fascinating. And this mask makes you look very mysterious," Blackfire's gaze turned towards me "Can't say I've heard much about you..."

I crossed my arms.

"This is Shadow, she's our newest member," Robin replied.

I smiled over at Robin in thanks.

"So, beloved sister. What brings you to Earth?" Starfire wondered.

"I was in the quadrant. Thought I'd see if Earthlings like to party," Blackfire hopped onto the couch and sat down "Besides, I needed a rest. Nearly got sucked into a black hole on the way here,"

I stood next to Raven as the others went to Blackfire. I didn't pay much attention only keeping a close eye on Blackfire, something didn't sit right with her.