Forces of Nature [3]

"Titans go!" Robin ordered as we took off down the hill to follow the burning man.

Robin threw smoke bombs to distract the being as Raven flew closer.

"Blaze can't spread if there's nothing to burn," Raven declared. "Azarath Metrion Zinthos!"

"Good idea Raven," I said as I followed Raven's lead and used the shadows to cause the trees to disappear.

"Beast Boy, Starfire, help them out," Robin said.

Beast Boy turned into an Ox and bulldozed the trees in front of him.

Starfire threw her star bolts to cause trees to explode.

Cyborg slammed his sonic cannon on the ground to smother the burning man.

"Is he out?" Beast Boy wondered.

The Burningman rose again with a terrifying roar.

"You had to ask," I muttered.

Robin looked over to the old man.

"Go," I told him as I used the shadows to portal him closer to the man.

"Azarath Metrion Zinthos!" Raven chanted as she used her powers to try to slow down the burning man.

The burning man turned to ash but just as easily reignited.

I covered myself but was thrown back by the force of the flames.

As I was about to get up, lighting hit me.

"It seems your power has its limit," Lightning teased. "But mine has none,"

"Wanna bet?" I growled as I formed a fist of darkness only for Lightning to be hit by a blue bolt.

Lightning glared at his brother "You betray me?"

"We have done wrong, my brother," Thunder declared. "Our fun must stop,"

"No one commands Lightning not even Thunder!" Lightning hit Thunder with his bolts.

I turned towards where the Burningman was getting closer to the city.

"If those houses go, the whole city could go," Cyborg noted. "We got to stop the fire,"

"How?" Raven asked.

"Any way we can,"

I used the shadows to allow us to get into the town before the Burningman.

Beast Boy turned into an elephant to spray water as Cyborg used his strength to break a fire hydrant.

I smiled when it began to rain. I tilted my head when the shadows began talking to me and disappeared.

Robin was being held against a tree by the old man, I shot a shadow beam at the man causing him to let go.

"There's my girl," The man smirked.

I took a startled step back as I saw the orange mask peek out from beneath the disguise.

The man disappeared in a puff of smoke.

Robin went to pick up the medallion left behind.

"Was that?" I asked.

"Slade," Robin replied.

***

Cyborg looked over the medallion that Robin and I were able to retrieve from Slade. "So Slade wants to destroy the city,"

"Question is, why? And what does he want with me?" I wondered.

"I don't know." Robin said as he placed an assuring hand on my shoulder "But we will find out. And he won't get away with it,"

Beast Boy walked up to Starfire "So...am I, you know, still a Clorbag?"

"Hmm, no." Starfire replied "I believe you are more of a Milnip Wusserloop,"

"Sweet!" Beastboy cheered. "Go Beast Boy I'm a Milnip. Who's your Wusserloop,"

I looked over at Starfire "That is a good thing, right, Star?"

Starfire merely giggled causing me to shake my head with a smirk.