The Sum of His Parts

The team and I decided it was a perfect day for a picnic at the park.

I was laid out on one of the tree branches, while the team was underneath me eating at a table.

"Mmm-mm! Would you look at that?" Cyborg mused "A little sunshine, a little breeze. Only one thing could make this day better," he lifted up the lid to his grill "Four and a half pounds of baby back ribs!" Cyborg brought his plate over to the table "Man, I love picnic food,"

"Agreed, Cyborg." Starfire said "This tangy yellow beverage is truly delightful,"

I looked down from my branch "Uh, Starfire...that's mustard,"

"Is there more?"

"Sweet!" Beast boy cheered "My tofu dogs are cooked to perfection." He joined me up on my branch "Yo, Shadow, try one. They're loaded with soy beanie goodness,"

"I respect that you don't eat meat. Please respect that I don't eat fake meat," I told him.

Beast boy shrugged and shoved both of them in his mouth.

"Alright, y'all! Who wants to play some football?" Cyborg asked.

"I'm gonna stick with my book," I said as I readjusted.

Raven floated up and joined me on the tree branch "I'll be referee,"

"Red, 23!" Robin said "Hut! Hut! Hut!"

"One Gotham City, two Gotham City..." Beast Boy counted as Robin got ready to throw the ball to Cyborg.

"You can run, you can fly, but you can't catch Cy!" Cyborg cheered.

"Five Gotham City!" Beast Boy turned into a triceratops and ran towards Robin.

Robin used the horns to vault himself upwards and threw the ball towards Cyborg.

"I got it! I got it! I..." Cyborg held out his arms to catch the football. He froze.

"Cyborg?" I asked in worry as I jumped down from the tree "Cyborg!"

"Cyborg? Cyborg!" Starfire called out.

"What's wrong with him?" Raven wondered.

"Is he gonna be okay?" Beast Boy asked.

"Shh." Robin said "I think he's coming to,"

Cyborg's eyes opened.

"Cyborg, are you alright?" I asked.

"Yeah. Ugh! Thanks," Cyborg replied as Robin and Starfire helped him back up.

"What happened?" Raven questioned.

"Something must have gone wrong with my systems." Cyborg opened up his arm "Aw, man. My power cell's dying,"

"Dying?" Starfire exclaimed.

"It's only a battery," Cyborg assured. "I'm fine. Happens every couple of years. Just a natural part of being unnatural,"

"So what do we do?" Robin asked.

Cyborg handed the football over to Robin. "You keep playing. I'll go home and change batteries,"

"You sure you don't want help?" Beast Boy wondered.

"Just 'cause I cant' have fun doesn't mean ya'll can't,"

***

"Show's over, Mambo!" Robin declared as we found Mumbo overlooking a jewel in the junkyard. "Now, hand over the jewels before the critics decide to trash your performance,"

"Now, Robin, I'm sure there's a peaceful solution here but this isn't it!" Mambo exclaimed as he caused two bombs to appear in his hands. He threw the bombs causing us to scatter in different directions.

"Who said you could start the party without me?" Cyborg teased.

"Cyborg!" Robin shouted, "What about your power cell?"

Raven and I were trying to hit Mumbo with our dark energy but he kept dodging our moves.

"Go home, get fixed." Robin ordered "We can handle this without you,"

"I won't let you guys fight alone," Cyborg argued.

"And I won't let you put yourself in danger,"

"I got it covered. External battery pack." Cyborg turned on his sonic cannon "Teen Titans, go!"

Mumbo screamed in pain as he was hit by the cannon. He put his hat back on "Nothing up my sleeve, and presto!" Mambo used his hankie lasso to tangle up Cyborg.

"No!"

Robin went to attack Mumbo.

"Need a hand?" Mumbo asked as he held Robin by his cape.

"Azarath Metrion Zinthos!" Raven chanted as she used her powers to throw junk at Mumbo.

Mambo used his powers to change the objects into flower petals "You think that's good? Watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat! Hocus-pocus!"

Rabbits flew from Mumbo's hat and hit Raven.

Beast Boy turned into a ram and ran at Mumbo.

"Pick a card, every card!" Mambo said as he flicked his deck of cards to throw Beast Boy back. "For my next trick, I'll require a lovely assistant." he used a cane to pull me towards him and surrounded me in a box. "It's only fair to warn you. I have no idea what I'm doing,"

Cyborg thankfully pushed Mumbo to the ground before he could begin sawing me in half.

"I hate fighting dirty," Mumbo coughed. "Shall we clean you up?"

His flower squirted water.

"Cyborg!" Robin called out as Cyborg was flung into a dump truck. "Cyborg!"

"Exit stage left," Mambo said from inside the truck as he drove off.

"Titans, he's got, Cyborg!"

We took off after the runaway dump truck.