Cheater!Kirishima X Reader Pt3

Y/N'S POV

After that, things were a bit off. 'Bit' may be an understatement, but it wasn't exactly the unordinary. Bakugo didn't talk to me at all, which he barely did anyway. Although, he kept glancing over at Kirishima every now and then. You could tell something between them was off. It was way too obvious, obvious enough for everyone else to realise. The others in class didn't even know of the conversations, or even that Bakugo had punched Kirishima, but they knew there was something there that had happened.

Needless to say, Kirishima stayed away from me, and it was quite clear to everyone else that we were over. Everytime any of us three passed in the hallways, the 'common space' or even just sat in class together, there was a thick tension that I wanted to go away. Though, I knew I wouldn't be the one to break it.

Being out of a relationship felt freeing, I must say. I honestly felt almost trapped when with Kirishima, but I didn't acknowledge it so I didn't hurt his feelings.

I guess he didn't care about mine that much, right?

Time: Three weeks later, Thursday, 4:00pm

I sighed and sat on my bed, training was a lot today. Mr Aizawa barely let us rest for long and said, 'You won't have time to rest in a real fight.' He kept making it a point that we take our rest for granted, though I'm sure all of us will be grateful to be in bed tonight after that.

I'm sure everyone else is in bed by now, probably asleep or passed out on their sofas. I want to go out, though. I want to go to the park and take some time to myself. And that was exactly what I was going to do.

I grabbed a jacket, I didn't see which one, and threw it on whilst running out the door. I know it was stupid, but I left my phone and money. I was only going for a walk, what could go wrong? Well since we live in a society in which heroes must exist, you'd be right thinking 'everything, go back and get your stuff, idiot.' And I think like that as-well, but hey, I might meet someone I'm interested in when I leave my dorm-

Of course he was there after I thought that.

Kirishima was stood in the common space, sitting on the sofa and staring out the window, playing with a strand of his hair. He seemed to be focusing on something outside. I decided to just quietly walk past as if I didn't even see him.

He turned his head and looked at me, not taking his eyes off of me until I couldn't see him out the corner of my eye any longer. I took a deep breath and left the dorms, eventually leaving campus. I felt like I was being watched, but that's fine, I suppose. When doesn't one feel like they're being watched? I dusted it off and continued until I reached the park. For it being only 4:26pm right now, the sky was darker and greyer, but not yet a black. I couldn't see the stars, but I could see faint outlines of the clouds. It looked like there'd be a storm.

Maybe it'd be better to go back to the dorms, but I wasn't ready to go back yet. I knew the atmosphere would be the same no matter when I went back, but I wasn't ready yet.

I continued walking down the cobbled path, a fair length of green either side of me and lampposts being turned on as I took every breath. It felt nice. Just being in the cold, being able to see my breath as it slowly seemed to disappear. Feeling the corners of my lips curve upwards, I decided to sit on a bench. I heard footsteps around me, but I couldn't make out which direction they were coming from.