CH 1: Snoggletog

Hiccup's POV

It's been five years since I defeated Drago and the Bewilderbeast. Five years since my dad's death. Five years I've been chief.

Everything has changed.

A few weeks after the war Astrid and I finally got married. Nine months after that Astrid gave birth to our daughter, Ember. She's five years old now and is as smart as me. Ember loves riding on Toothless with me, she won't ride on any other dragon.

But now, it was time for them to leave so the dragons could lay their eggs. I met Toothless on the cliff with the automatic tail he only uses for the holiday. Ember begged me to come so she could say goodbye to Toothless.

"How long will they be gone Daddy?" Ember asked.

"They'll be back just in time for the big celebration sweetie." I told her as I knelt by Toothless's tail.

I took off the saddle and the red prosthetic tailfin and put on the automatic tailfin. I stood up and hugged my Night Fury.

"I'll see you in a little while bud. You be careful." I stepped away holding my hand out for Ember.

She stepped forward and hugged Toothless. "Always look for other Night Furies okay?"

Toothless gently licked her on her hand and she giggled as I pulled her away. We watched Toothless disappear into the clouds with the other dragons until we finally left.

"Come on Ember. I have presents to make." I said grabbing her hand.

"Can I help you?!" She asked sweetly.

"Of course. You can even make something for Mommy!" I smiled as we walked to the forge.

*Time Skip* (dragons' return weeks/days later)

"Come on Ember! Toothless will be coming back any minute! Then we get to open presents!" I said excitedly as I walked with her to the center of the village.

"I can't wait to see him again Daddy!" She squealed.

The clouds parted and the dragons appeared landing in the plaza. Toothless wasn't in sight.

"Daddy where is he?!" Ember asked nervously.

I looked down at her, "I don't know..." I squatted down and grabbed one of her hands. "But don't worry. He'll be back soon. Now come on!" I grabbed her hand. "Let's go open presents!"

We followed the crowd to the Great Hall carrying presents for everyone. I handed Astrid and Ember two small boxes.

"Hiccup it's beautiful..." Astrid whispered looking at the necklace with a Deadly Nadder pendant.

"Daddy! I love it!" She exclaimed looking at the necklace with a Night Fury pendant. "Put it on me!"

I took the necklace from her hands and clasped it around her neck.

"Ember! Come here!" Astrid called.

Both of us squatted down around our child as she opened the big box from Astrid. Inside were stuffed animals of every dragon that lived on Berk. Even a Night Fury one was in there.

"I figured this was the best way for her to choose a dragon when she's old enough." Astrid murmured.

Ember was picking through the box trying to find her favorite one. She finally pulled out a small black one. "This one is my favorite! It looks just like Toothless!"

She wants a Night Fury....

I glanced at Astrid who had the same expression on her face.

"I want one!" She squealed.

"Ember...you do know that Toothless is the last of his kind don't you?" I asked gently.

"Of course I know! But we can't give up!" She said pausing for a moment. "Don't worry Daddy! Toothless will come back!"

I stood up when I heard a thump.

I looked towards the Great Hall doors to see Toothless pushing his way in.

"Toothless!" I shouted running to him and hugged him.

I looked behind him.

He wasn't alone....

How to Train your Dragon 3जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें