CH 8: Waking Up

Ember's POV

I groaned sitting up. Rain was staring at me but then she tackled licking me all over.

"Rain you know that doesn't wash out!" I yelled laughing.

She scooted closer to me after sitting up laying her head on my lap.

"What happened?" I asked. "Where are we?"

I looked around and I saw that we were on a beach on some island. It looks like the one the riders were hiding at.

Then I remembered.

We crashed in the ocean. I almost drowned saving my dragon. I sighed with relief kowing Rain was here.

She nudged me worriedly.

"Hey girl. Let's go home..." I murmured climbing on the saddle.

It was surprisingly dry.

She took off into the sky in the direction of Berk.

My home came into view only to see a ship floating out to sea and a crowd of villagers crowding on the cliff. My father was there, so was my father and the other dragons. Everyone was holding bows and arrows.

No...

They think I'm dead...

"What do we do girl?" I murmured.

She crooned quietly, anxious.

"Come on. It's best if they not know for now. We're going to find Drago..." I whispered.

I watched my funeral ship go in flames shedding a few tears.

With one last look Rain turned around heading in the direction Drago fled.

We flew for hours to come across an island covered in rock and snow. She flew through a hole in the island and landed behind a snowy slope. I crawled up peering over.

"YOU IDIOTS! YOU KILLED THE GIRL AND THE NIGHT FURY! NOW WE HAVE NO LEVERAGE TO GET THE ALPHA!!!!" Drago screamed at his men.

I scoffed.

He'll never get my dad.

He'll never get Toothless.

"Let's rescue those dragons!" I murmured climbing on Rain and flipping my helmet down.

Rain lifted into the sky letting out a whistle and firing a plasma blast at some traps.

"Night Fury!"

"Get down!"

"NO! Cut it down!"

Rain weaved in and out of the bolas firing more plasma blasts at traps. The dragons escaped and helped me destroy the ships. Once we did that I lead the dragons out of the island and they all dispersed after bowing to me leaving us alone.

"Come on Rain. I want to leave a note." I told her and she flew towards Berk knowing what I was thinking.

I took a piece of paper and my charcoal pencil from a compartment in my saddle placing it on her back for a steady place to write.

Berk will be safe for now. Drago's ships are destroyed. He won't be making any attacks anytime soon. I made sure of that. It will be a while. Enjoy the peace while it lasts.
-Anonymous

The sun dipped into the ocean when Berk came into view. The town was quiet and reserved. The lights in the Great Hall were on and the hatch on the roof was open.

Rain flew over and I dropped the note through the hatch.

Hiccup's POV

I saw a piece of paper fall into the center of the hall. No one seemed to notice so I went over and grabbed it. I read the words to myself then I ran out of the hall my eyes peeled to the sky.

Nothing.

I sighed and silently thanked the mysterious rider for helping us.

Ember's POV

I watched my dad run out of the Great Hall with the note in his clutches. I looked at him with sadness not knowing when I should go back.

Rain leaped from our hiding spot in search for a temporary island home.

Home away from Berk.