CH 3: Flying Lessons

Hiccup's POV

It's been a few weeks since Toothless came back with a family and now it was time to teach Rain and Storm how to fly. Ember has been hanging out with Rain nonstop since they came, teaching her hand signals and playing with her. I was extremely proud of her.

Mom said I could have the day off and she'd take over as chief for the day so I can help with the babies. Ember followed me onto the cliff top with the Night Fury babies trailing behind her. Sunrise landed next to me and Toothless came up with me. Rain and Storm positioned themselves on the cliff ledge opening the wings slightly.

They flapped their wings catching the wind. They fell a little bit but caught the air and we're flying in circles now. Toothless and Sunrise roared, proud of them. Sunrise took to the skies watching over Rain and Storm while Ember and I climbed on Toothless flying after them.

"Soon enough Ember. You'll be riding Rain. I estimate five years she'll be big enough." I told her.

"I can't wait!" She paused. "What will my friends think of me? Won't I join the academy?"

"Of course you will!" I said enthusiastically.

"But what if they tease me?!" She asks.

I turn to her, "You'll be fine Ember. I promise. And if you have a problem just let me know."

Ember's POV

I sighed at Dad's words. I'm just so worried about the Academy. Even though it's not for another ten years I just have a bad feeling about this. I'll have Rain and she's my everything.

That's all that matters.

Rain's POV

I can fly! I can really fly! Oh this is so exciting! I can't wait to feel Ember riding in my back! My father has told me so much about what it feels like to fly with a rider! This is great!

I can't wait!

Toothless's POV

I'm so proud of my babies! They're flying! Sunrise is so proud! I can't wait for Rain and Storm to feel the familiar weight of their rider!

Storm has yet to find one though. It's only been a few weeks and I'm sure Hiccup will have other kids but Rain and Ember felt that immediate connection.

I'm worried about him.

Hiccup's POV

The baby dragons landed and Rain ran over to Ember who snuggled her close giving her praise. I smiled crossing my arms proud of my work.

"Shall we go flying?!" I asked the groups of dragons and my daughter.

Ember nodded walking back over to Toothless.

"Actually why don't you fly on Sunrise today? That why you'll get used to flying on your own dragon!" I exclaimed proud of myself for the idea.

Sunrise lowered herself to the ground as Ember climbed on. Rain and Storm edge closer to the cliff ledge opening their small wings. Ember wrapped her arms around Sunrise's neck.

The dragons took to the sky beating their wings flying through the mid morning sky.