CH 9: Returning

Ember's POV 5 Years Later

It's been a few years and Drago hasn't made a move. His ships are still in splinters thanks to me. I spy on him everyda and destroy the ships.

His men are clueless.

I stood up and packed my stuff attaching it to Rain's saddle.

"Let's go home girl!" I said excitedly thinking it was time to go home.

She purred taking off into the afternoon sky towards Berk.

Hiccup's POV

It's been a few years since Ember's death and I couldn't stop thinking about that note from so long ago. I've also received other notes about Drago's status from the rider.

There are other dragon riders out there?

I was slowly returning back to my normal chief duties a while later after her death and Astrid went back to training at the Academy. I sat in my house with an ice block on my head because I got done with my duties early.

Thump.

Dust showered from the ceiling.

Someone was on the roof.

Toothless growled and I jumped up grabbing my fire sword.

The roof hatch opened, a dragon and a girl jumped down to the floor. She lifted her helmet revealing a young woman with forest green eyes and auburn hair.

"Ember!" I exclaimed squeezing her in a hug.

Toothless rushed over to Rain nuzzling her close.

"Dad...can't...breathe..." She stuttered.

I let her go, "Sorry. You're alive?! How?!"

"Well after we fell into the water I cut Rain free using all my strength and she must've pulled me from the water. We ended up on the island where the riders were hiding. I went back and saw the funeral. I couldn't bring myself to return just yet. So I've been going to Drago's fort destroying his ships so Berk would be safe. I left that note a few years ago and others so you would know." She explained shuffling her feet in embarrassment.

He grabbed my hand dragging me out the door, "Let's go find your mother!"

Ember's POV

I let him lead me to the arena with our dragons on our heels.

"Ember?" A young man's voice asked.

Dad stopped and I turned around to see Eli.

I forgot I had a crush on him.

I ran forward crushing him in a hug, "I missed you so much Eli. You have no idea. We'll talk later. Don't make a scene."

I let go leaving him standing there in shock.

My dad and I stopped in front of the gates.

"Why'd we stop?" I ask quietly.

He shrugs giving me a grin before walking through.

"Look who jumped through the roof!" He shouts.

Rain and I step from the shadows stopping my mother who was staring at some notes.
She turns around and stares at my wide-eyed.

"Ember?" She asked.

I nodded slowly.

My mother suddenly ran forward embracing me in a hug, "I've missed you so much!"

"I've missed you too Mom!" I said pulling away due to lack of oxygen.

"How'd you survive?!" She asked.

"I saved Rain, she pulled me from the water. We lived on an island for a few years and went Drago's island destroying his ships and rescuing the dragons." I explained.

"So that's where the notes came from?! You sent them!" She yelled.

"More like dropped them!" I laughed. "I just flew by dropping them into the roof hatches! That's how I showed up today!"

My father clapped me on the shoulder, "Well come on! Party in the Great Hall!"

"Actually...I'd like to talk to Eli...I'll meet you there!" I jumped on Rain and she took off.

I smiled flying over the village.

Home...