CH 2: Night Furies

Hiccup's POV

A Night Fury slightly smaller than Toothless came to stand next to him, her violet eyes shining. Two little Night Fury babies peered out from behind her paws.

The whole hall gasped.

"Night Furies...." I whispered.

I slowly held my hand out for the female Night Fury and she reluctantly put her head in my hand.

"Toothless! You have a family now!" I exclaimed and he nuzzled me.

Ember ran forward and peered up at the Night Fury. The female gently nudged her playfully with her head. The two babies cautiously stepped out and greeted Ember. I finally got a good look at the babies.

One had storm gray eyes with silver specks dotting the spikes on their back. The other had piercing icy blue eyes with dark blue specks also on the spikes.

"Hmmm...the female should be Sunrise. The two babies should be Storm (storm gray eyes) and Rain (icy blue eyes)." The female licked me. "You like that don't you?!" I chuckled.

"Daddy does this mean I get to have a Night Fury now?!" Ember asked excitedly.

"I guess so...let the dragon come to you. So just hold out your hand." I instructed her softly.

She looked away as I had done and put out her hand. Sure enough Rain slowly stepped forward after having what seemed like a conversation with Sunrise and put her head in my daughter's hand.

Rain licked Ember's face and she giggled. Astrid came by putting her hand on my shoulder.

"Incredible..." She whispered.

Sunrise eyed Astrid worriedly pushing Rain and Storm back with her tail.

"It's okay...she's a friend..." I reassured the dragon. "We're all friends here."

She nodded understanding.

I turned the villagers who were staring at the Night Furies, "Everyone! It seems Toothless has found another Night Fury! He has a family now! His mate is Sunrise and the two babies are Storm and Rain!" Everyone cheered. "He is not alone anymore!"

The villagers went crazy cheering wildly. I quieted them down and turned to the Night Furies.

"Come on Toothless. Let's show them around!" I lead the dragons out of the Great Hall. "I bet it seems crazy that I talk to you but here on Berk we welcome dragons as our friends! Toothless I hope you're telling them this!"

He made a laughing dragon noise and warbled to Sunrise telling her everything. She nodded as she understood.

"My house is up on that hill!" I pointed at my house. "You can stay there with me. I'll put another slab of rock in my room so you and Toothless can share. I don't have much room after that so Rain could stay with Ember if you want down the hall." I explained.

I heard Toothless crooning explaining everything to Sunrise.

"Snotlout and Ruffnut live just at the bottom of the hill along with Tuffnut, Fishlegs, and Eret. I told them I wanted them to be close by because ya know they're my friends." I explained laughing a little.

Toothless relayed everything to Sunrise.

I stopped kneeling down in front of Sunrise, "You'll be safe and happy here. That's a promise."