𝟓

August 29th, 1pm

August 29th, 1pm

"Where is this nigga ?" Octavius checked the time on his watch, again. "Nigga was supposed to be here 30 fucking minutes ago"

"He on his way" Adonis says looking down at his phone. "He just text me. 5 minutes"

"Ight" He sighs, his patience on zero. He just wanted his money and that be it.

He hears his phone ding and he knew it was Nairobi texting him. Today is the day she leaves to go back to California but she wanted to see him before she left and she wasn't letting it get past him.

I leave with my dad in a hour. I want to say goodbye to you before I go 🥺

I'll be over in a few minutes, He sends back.

"There he go" Adonis says, Octavius looking in the direction Adonis was looking seeing a black Mercedes pulling up.

He steps out the car walking to the two empty handed which confused Octavius. "Ain't you forgetting to get something out the car ? Cause Ion see my 500 thousand dollars in yo hands Don" He says.

"Look man, I tried to go get it from Cuba but they wouldn't let me. Just give me a couple more months-"

"Couple more mouths ? I done waited 4 months already nigga. I told you what was gon happen if you didn't have it this time. Ion even wait on niggas but since it's half a million you owe me, so I gave you time"

Octavius wasted no time to signal Adonis get Don but he takes off running only for Octavius to shoot him in the back twice. "Get the rope out my trunk, tie the bitch up and throw him in. Make sure he tied like a damn knot so he can't pop the trunk"

Octavius thought it was going to be be a quick exchange between the two and it be done but it didn't go in his favor. He still had to see Nairobi before she left. And that's what he was going to
do.

•••

"Yay. I thought you wouldn't make it" She wraps her arms around his neck giving him a hug.

"Of course I was gonna make it" He says. "You are coming back in a couple weeks though right ? Cause it ain't nothing for me to book a flight" They both pull away the hug.

"Yes I'm coming back, I promise. Here, let's do a pinky promise" She holds up her pinky finger in front of him.

He raises an eyebrow looking at her hand. "We not five years old. I'm not doing no damn pinky promise"

"If you want me to come back you gotta do it" She tilts her head up higher. "I'm serious"

"I said it ain't nothing for me to book a fl-"

"Prince do the damn-" She grabs his hand, hooking her pinky finger around his. "There. Now it's locked in"

Octavius wasn't used to women like her. He was used to hood women and strippers. He never met somebody like Nairobi. She was soft and gentle, a girly girl. Everything about her was feminine. He didn't know how to react to her most of the time. "Yea, I guess it is locked in huh ?" He was unsure what to think about the pinky promise that he thought was childish. "How much time we got until he comes ?" He grabs her by the waist licking his lips while staring down at hers.