𝟑𝟓

June 24th || 2pm

June 24th || 2pm

"Dr. Pratt, I just need it transferred" Octavius sighed, propping his elbow on the railing of the back porch and face palming himself while holding the phone to his ear with his other hand. "I don't know how long I'll be here. If I give you the number can you call the doctor's office here and tell them who I am so I can walk in, they do whatever they gotta do and send my medication to the pharmacy ? The shit ain't that hard. You just being lazy"

"It doesn't work like that Octavius"

Running his hand up to his hair, he closed his fist on his curls and closed his eyes. "So you telling me I gotta come all the way back to Atlanta just to pick up from fucking pills from Walgreens, when there's a Walgreens down the road from me with the medicine I need ? Get the fuck on" He pulled the phone from his face and hung up before the doctor could get another word in.

He propped his other elbow on the rail and dropped his head, looking down at his shoes. He was irritable and frustrated.

Tell Nairobi that he didn't have his medicine and was liable to blank out on her because Eliana broke into the airbnb, flushed them down the toilet and had been locked in the laundry room since last night with the side of her face blackened, her lips stapled shut and a knife through her cheeks and risk running Nairobi off because his impulsiveness was back and possibly because he had the gruesomely hurt woman locked in the same house as them ... or keep it to himself and put what he learned in therapy to use for once but still be liable to hit her if that plan didn't work.

He overthought this. He was stuck between the two. Although it would take a weight from his shoulder to let her know what happened ... he felt like he would be risking something either way he went. She was patient and understanding but in the same breath, she had been through enough with him alone ... it was easier for her to walk out.

Walking back into the house after a few minutes to himself, he seen Nairobi laying on the couch watching TV with her head laying against the armrest and her feet crossed at the ankles. When he walked around to her, she could see the down look on his face. "You okay ?" Octavius shook his head and lifted her legs up to sit down then laid her legs back down across his lap. "You could've sat anywhere else" Nairobi mumbled. It took her forever to get comfortable just for him to come sit right under her, literally.

Octavius ignored her comment and looked up at the TV before breaking the short silence. "I gotta go back to Atlanta, for my medicine. I ain't got no more"

"You had a whole bottle just the other day" Nairobi looked at him. He sat quiet and chewed on the side of his cheek realizing he had ran into a brick wall with her response. Nairobi knew when he bit on the side of his cheek it was always a indication something was wrong, so she sat up and turned his head to her. "Why you don't have anymore ?" Her eyes switched back and forth between his as he stared at her blankly.

Very quickly coming to her own assumption, she gasped and reached over to grab her phone that sat on the ottoman. Tears started to form in her eyes, her hands lightly shaking as she unlocked her phone. "Oh my God" She whispered in the midst of her actions.