𝟏𝟏

Octavius's backstory,

From birth his parents, Toya and Franklin Kallis, weren't too fond of him because they were striving for a daughter. Trying to conceive at a certain time of the year, certain sex positions and Toya eating certain foods. Whether it was myth or not, they tried it because they needed their one and only child to be a baby girl.

 Whether it was myth or not, they tried it because they needed their one and only child to be a baby girl

So when Octavius was born, he was neglected. He was often handed off to his auntie who eventually refused to watch after him after he was 6 years old because of his behavior. Due to Toya being a drug addict during ( and still after ) her pregnancy, Octavius developed a disorder called 'oppositional-defiant disorder' which cause the absence of smiling in early childhood, inability to find appropriate ways to express frustration, inappropriate outbursts beyond the his control, resistance to affection, consistent pattern of defiance or disobedience, constant anger, deliberate attempts to annoy others, disruptive behaviors, and frequent loss of temper vindictive, spiteful behaviors.

So with no one to take care of him he was regularly left at home alone, his parents being gone before he would get home from walking from the school bus stop. When he got in the house with his key, he would eat whatever he was left in the refrigerator from last time Toya cooked, do his homework, watch tv, take his bath and go to sleep. He did this everyday almost by himself. Sometimes Toya and Franklin showed up but it wasn't because of him, it was because it was their home of course. But they would leave back out shortly to continue living their junkie, gambling, money chasing lives. In the mornings, Octavius's digital alarm would go off so he could get himself ready for school. He would walk to the bus stop by himself. Raining, storming, cold weather, it didn't matter.

By the age of 10, he was fighting kids in school and was constantly suspended. After being suspended so many times and getting in trouble with his parents, he begin fighting them in the neighborhood outside of school. With all the anger inside of him, nobody could beat him in a fight. He would win every fight and didn't stop until he seen blood or somebody was strong enough to pull him off of his opponent. Violence was the only way he knew how to release anger. He had no one to give him any type of alternatives to letting out anger appropriately or giving him advice. He had no medicine for his disorder because nobody cared enough to recognize his behavior was abnormal and get him help. So what he felt, he acted on.

By the age of 17, he was carrying guns and knives. His record was filled with violent acts and reports of disobedience to authorities. He was also in a relationship with Londyn at this time, but shortly after getting together he committed his first murder and was thrown in jail for 5 years, therefore he never graduated high school or had any future set up for himself.

When he first got in jail, he was challenged frequently because of his young age and thin figure. But he stood his ground and let nobody, not even the biggest men in there, make a pussy out of him. That's how he earned his respect. After that nobody bothered him and he didn't bother anybody else. Therefore he stayed to himself the first two years of being there. He didn't talk to anybody and often stayed in his cell but then he met Moe, who was a new inmate to the jail block he lived in. He wasn't too fond of Moe because he talked a lot and was trying to hard to be his friend until one day he told Octavius something that made him laugh for the first time in two years, smile even.