𝟑𝟗

July 8th

July 8th

"I told her a fucking week bru!" Octavius yelled to himself in irritation. He felt like he was failing Nairobi and broke a promise. She was depending on him, her life was literally in his hands when it came to figuring this out, whether it would be because she was killed in the jail facility or she would get a sentence to serve that would take most of her life away.

Her court date was 20 days, where she would get her permanent sentence which Octavius knew that with the crime she was accused of, she would be transferred to prison with a serving sentence of an exceptional amount of years, over 100. Or life in prison with no chance of getting back out once the case was dismissed. They had been pressuring her to talk to the lawyer she was provided but Octavius told her to remain quiet so she did. Refusing to talk to anyone.

Ethan's head turned from his toys in the middle of the large living room floor to Octavius who sat on the couch, once hearing his random outburst. "It's okay Uncle Prince" Ethan walked over to him and reached his small hand around to rub Octavius's back. "You can get the bad guys"

Octavius was now the legal guardian of Ethan through third-party custody. Octavius stepped forward to take custody quickly because of the police telling the courts that both of Ethan's parents were gone and the actions they were going to take. Octavius never prepared himself or thought he would have to take in someone else's child but he refused to let his nephew be put in foster care. During the collect calls him and Nairobi had regularly, he didn't mention how they had a child in their hands now, figuring that could wait until she was released.

Plus him and Nairobi both knew they could be expecting a child soon, although neither of them brought the topic up. Nairobi was arrested shortly after they had sex. When they were arguing and she was ready to walk out on him, he pulled the kissing stunt knowing she would fold. He shot his seed inside of her during sex, which was nothing new but he wanted her trapped after that argument, seeing how she was willing to leave him again. With a baby that wouldn't be as easy ... and he also wanted to have a child with her in general. He wanted her to be the mother of his kids. So he had plans to make her forget about the plan b and reminded her when it was too late, only to make it seem like he cared about her being scared to try again ... but since she was arrested, she could never take one anyway.

Shortly after Octavius got custody of Ethan, he was given another note saying: 'How you like being a parent again? You're welcome'

That upset Octavius. Whoever it was seemed to have killed both Nadia and Andre knowing Octavius would most likely take Ethan in as opposed to Adonis and Imani. And whoever it was had eyes on him.

"Yea I can get the bad guys" Octavius cracked a smile before his eyes trailed off as he thought. "Did you ever see Pierre and yo mama argue? Did they argue the last time you seen him?"

"No" Ethan shook his head and sat down by Octavius on the couch. "Pierre was nice to my mama"

Octavius nodded slowly and put his eyes back on what he was doing previously. Asking Ethan that question got Octavius nowhere, because he was hoping to hear the opposite and that possibly be a helpful connection.