𝟖

Octavius puts his box down taking a few steps to the door, nearly being blinded by the bright headlights. "What the fuck" He says pulling his gun from his hip. The car turns off and a man steps out the car. "You know who that is ?" He never took his eyes from the man.

Nairobi's heart dropped after seeing who stepped out the car. "Unfortunately, I do" She sighs.

|| Continuation ||

"Who ?" Octavius asks glancing back at Nairobi, quickly facing the approaching man again. He had a feeling who it could be, a couple actually, but he wanted her to give him confirmation.

"My ex from California" She says lowly. "I don't know what he's doing here" She sets her box on the floor by her feet.

Octavius nodded, that being one of his two guesses since her ex had been trying to get in touch with her lately through social media because she blocked his number, confirming the toxicity that Nairobi mentioned to Octavius before.

"You really came all the way from California for what ?" Nairobi asks, followed by a shrug in her shoulders.

Octavius holds his hand up in front of Nairobi, who still stood behind him, signaling her not to say anything else before putting his hand back to his side. "Ima just tell you like this and keep it simple .." Octavius begins, wiping his nose quickly with his thumb.

"Nigga Im talking to her not you" Rakim looks him up and down and when he connects his eyes back to Octavius, he seen a gun barrel come between the two.

Before any of them were able to process another thought, Octavius had pulled the trigger spinning a bullet into Rakim's shoulder, which was the intended target. Octavius lowered the gun back to his side watching him groan out and hold himself in pain.

Nairobi screams out because of the loud gun sound, covering her ears then sees Rakim hunching over clenching his shoulder in pain as blood bled through his white tee. "Prince ! What the fuck" She pushes Octavius for one, scaring her .. and two, for shooting him for something that wasn't worth it. "You are crazy ?!" It was the first time she witnessed him be violent, also the first time she witnessed a shooting in general.

"Yea, I am" He answered with honesty, his nonchalant eyes meeting her terrified ones.

"Is he going to die ?! We have to take him to the hospital or something !" She rushes over to Rakim. "Are you okay ?" She looks at the blood and became even more scared. She was the only one that was acting crazy.

"Nairobi ..." Octavius says, but she didn't hear him because she was losing her shit. He shakes his head closing his eyes before opening them again. "Nairobi !" He raises his voice, getting her attention this time. "He's fine. He not going to die"

"Prince you shot him close to his heart though ! He's bleeding !"

"No I didn't. I'm bout to shoot you next if you don't shut the fuck up and stop all that damn panicking and yelling" He walks over to them. "Lucky for him I was just sending him a non verbal message because I could've hit him in the heart if I wanted, now come on" He jerks his head towards the door signaling for her to come back inside. "He can drive himself to the hospital if needed. He ain't that down bad"

She switches her eyes back and forth between the two. Not that she was deciding whether to listen to Octavius or help Rakim, but she thought he was dying. Her sweet soul didn't want anybody to die, especially not somebody to knew but she listened to Octavius, taking his word and leaving Rakim where he was, still holding his shoulder in pain.