Chapter 6

(Edited)
It had been two days since I lost Audrey. Two days!

I don't have a clue where she is and what is happening to her. Right as I got my little sister back, she was snatched from me in an instant. Not even a couple hours with her before the... kidnapping.

Father was too drunk to remember that she had even came home. He has no memory of her showing up.

Yet, he has been even worse than before. Now, beatings last longer and are more harsh. He's been more worried about giving me scars than anything else lately.

I'm starting to worry how far he will go.

Every chance I get, I will be outside, walking the way the van had went that day.

I remember every second up until I blacked out.

Pain and guilt. The two emotions that have been clouded my world since.

I slipped on my shoes, carefully, to avoid hurting my sprained ankle any more. My makeup covered the black eye and dark bruises that filled my face. Father ordered me to go to school instead of the doctors office. He said, quote, " walk it off. The doctors can't help you. They will just give you pills, make you spend too much money on the pills, then send you home."

Anytime I complained, I would have another bruise or broken bone in the next 10 minutes. Father liked to take his time when injuring me so his joy would last longer.

After getting ready for school, I put makeup on to cover the bruises along my face and walked out the door as quick as possible.

Walking to school was relaxing. It gave me time to think. Where is my sister? Is she okay? Will I ever see her again? How could I lose her? What's wrong with me? Im the worst sister ever!

It's true. I am the worst sister ever. I lost Audrey as soon as I got her back. Pulling my nails to my palm, then dug the sharp edges into my skin, not feeling a thing.

I'm the worst sister ever. That's the only thought going through my mind as I walked to the safety of the highschool.