Chapter 13

Austin's POV

"Austin!" I heard my father yell, the anger in his voice clearly heard before my bedroom door was flung open.

"Shit," I said before rushing from the bathroom and closing the door, hiding Abby.

"Austin! What were you thinking?! Going to that barn by yourself?! Are you crazy?!" He screamed at me, nostrils flaring and veins bursting.

"You met Audrey, didn't you? I had to save her, father. And I didn't go alone. I had backup. And honestly father, you tell me, am I crazy or some sort of mystical creature?" I answered each question separately, pissed that I wasn't told about my wolf sooner. I did my research. The only way you can be a wolf is from birth and both of the parents have to be werewolf as well or the genes won't be passed on.

My father just stared wide eyed at me before I saw his ears perk up and he sniffed the air.

"Who else is here?" He demanded while sniffing the air before his eyes landed on my bathroom door.

"Austin, you're not crazy. It's in our blood. Your mother and I didn't want to tell you because we wanted you to live a normal life as a human. But there are rules. One being that if any human finds out about us, they must be... Put down. Our kind have learned from the past not to trust them and breaking the rules equals immediate death of the wolf who revealed them self and anyone else who knew of the revealing. Meaning, that human in your bathroom, cannot stay alive. I will not risk my family for a human." He said before heading towards the bathroom and opening the door.

There, Abby stood frozen, still in the outfit that showed her bruises, and wide-eyed. Father cringed at the bruises and looked sad that he would have to put this girl down.

Finally, I snapped out of my trance, and began freaking out.

"Mine!" I growled out and stood in front of Abby and glared at my father, continuing to growl.

He looked shocked before his eyes traveled back to my mate.

"Is she... Is she your mate?" He asked hesitant.

"She is. And you cannot touch her. No one is taking her away from me." I said in a quick and angry tone. Behind me, I felt Abby grip onto the back of my shirt, scared.

'It's ok. I won't let anyone hurt you ever again.'  I spoke in my mind, reaching out for her. I knew she heard me by the way her grip loosened on my shirt.

"I will not. She knows?"

"Yes, father. She was there when I had my first transformation. And I felt the bond before but as soon as our kidnappers found out why I wasn't dying, they let it slip that she was my mate. That's when it clicked. Besides the part where I changed into a freaking wolf!"  I practically yelled at him.

"Don't raise your voice at me, young man, I just cannot believe my son has a human for a mate. Maybe we should make sure. Run some tests on her blood. It's extremely rare for a wolf to have a human mate," he spoke calmly, but was clearly interested.

Pushing me aside, he held a hand out to Abigail. I stood close to her in case he decided to follow the rule of humans dying because they find out the secret.

She shook his hand before pulling it away.

"Austin, may I speak with you in private?" He asked, knowing full well I had to obey his orders.

"Yes father," I quickly replied and before I followed my father out the door, I gripped Abby's hand and kissed her gently before leaving.

I knew by the serious tone in his voice, this was not gonna be one of my favorite talks with him.