Chapter 14

Austin's POV

"I won't let you hurt her father. I promised her no one will ever hurt her again." I spoke strongly, almost threatening him to disagree.

"I can't. The only exception when it comes to humans is when they are mated to a werewolf. If she knows, and you two truly are mates, then no one can touch her because of the law. But having a human for a mate is close to impossible. How old is your mate?" My father reassures me that Abby can't be taken from me.

"She's 15. Her birthday is in a month." I respond quickly to his question, not wanting him to get more pissed than he already is.

"What day?" He asked.

I gave him a questioning look before responding," April third."

"She may be a werewolf. But both her parents have to have at least some of the gene. Do you know anything about her parents?" He asked another questions.

His questions were starting to annoy me. He was starting to annoy me. I just wanted to get back to Abby already. The sooner the better.

"I don't know anything about her mother. But her father... He's the one who caused all those bruises and cuts on my mate," I responded quickly, wanting this to be over.

"Austin, I'm truly sorry your mother and I kept this from you. But we just wanted you to have a normal human life. I'll have to teach you the ways of our kind. There are rules that need to be followed. And you need to learn them quickly. Austin, I am the alpha of the BloodMoon Pack. The alpha title is passed down to the eldest child once he or she finds, mates, and marks his mate. But marking a human can be dangerous. Death threatening at times. So we need to find out more about her parents and hope she is one of us. Cause if she isn't, there is a high possibly of her dying faster than a normal Luna."

I growled at his statement. I waited, listening to him talk. On and on. I just wanted to go back to Abby. I missed her already. I already found, and borrowed some of dad's books I found in his private office. I read the rules over and over. I know them by heart. But I know how he feels about people using his stuff before asking. So I just took the books.

"What do you mean she has a higher possibility of her dying faster than a normal Luna?" I raised my voice in anger.

"For one, humans don't live as long as wolves. For us, every three human years is about a year gone by for us. Age wise. Two, if she's human, she won't stand a chance at a wolf trying to kill her. She won't be able to defend herself. And you won't always be at her side to protect her, with all the alpha duties you will be doing." He replied back.

I growled even louder this time. No one will ever hurt my mate ever again. I will make sure of it. If it's the last thing I do.

My father told me to calm down, to think of my mate. Doing so calmed my wolf and also myself. Her beautiful face and brown eyes and dark, long, shiny brown hair. She was beautiful. Gorgeous. And I will be damned if anyone else touched her and leaves another mark on that body of hers. She is mine.

I felt myself build up with anger and lust at the same time. I knew my eyes had turned black at this time.

"What do I do father?" I asked.

"Just stay with her. Comfort her. I will send the beta and a few other pack members to find out more about her parents to find out if she is one of us." He responded.

I nodded my head and turned, rushing back to where Abby was waiting. Or so I thought. I searched for her scent everywhere. It was faint. And the trail leads to the now broken window.