Chapter 25

Abby's POV

"Get up!" Naomi screamed at me.

"Uggghh I don't want to!" I grumbled.

"Come on sis! It's your big day!" Audrey jumped on top of me.

"Oomf! Audrey!! You're too big to jump on me! Get off!" I whined and pushed her off of me.

Then Naomi jumped on me.

"Ah! Naomi! Get off, you fatty!" I screamed at her.

"Hey! I'm not fat!" She screamed back.

We all laughed together and I got up and put on the dress they are making me wear. It's beautiful. It's a dark blue dress then goes just past my knees and has straps in the back that cross on my back.

Once downstairs, the castle was empty. But I heard sounds coming from the ballroom.

"Where's Austin?" I asked my sisters.

"Don't worry about your lover boy! You will see him later!" Naomi yelled at me.

I pouted playfully and she rolled her eyes.

Both of my sisters were dressed up and beautiful. My hair had gotten done along with my makeup.

Once the doors to the ballroom were opened, I was greeted with about a hundred of family, friend, staff, and random people I don't know 🤷‍♀️.

They all screamed "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

My sisters and I laughed before splitting to greet everyone.

I was first met with Tyler, who was practically a second father to me. He was grateful to have his son and I back. He often talked about the two packed joining once Austin and I married. I laughed at him most of the time but it was a huge topic to talk about. I greeted many others and gave out lots of hugs. The one person I didn't see here was Austin. Where was he?

Just as I thought that, the lights turned off and the floor opened up. Slow music started playing and Austin emerged from the crowd. He extended his hand out.

"May I have this dance?" He said, trying not to laugh at himself.

I quietly giggled and took his hand.

"You may" i responded.

I stared into his bright green eyes that I had fallen in love with since the first time I saw him. I remember when we first met. I even remember the bitchy teacher who told him to stop 'eye-raping' me and the stupid computer program we had to learn. His eyes were stuck in my head for days. His kindness, jokes, and acceptance made me love him even more. Since it's my birthday, I can feel the mates' touch even more. Sparks shot up my arm and through my body. Everything else was blocked out. It was only us. It was two against the world. I finally broke contact and saw my new family watching us with pride and joy. Soon, everyone joined in with their partners. I winked at Naomi dancing with Michael. I knew she liked him.

And Austin and I laughed at Audrey dancing with a 10 year old boy. Everything was good. I was happy.

*several hours later*

"Ok. Are you ready?" Naomi questioned me. She was early. Some higher rank wolves transform a year earlier than they are supposed to. Her wolf was stunning. She was pure black with white paws that looked like socks. It was funny. There was also a white patch on her left ear. She was so cute!!!

Austin already transformed into his large brown wolf. His green eyes watched me.

I was nervous.

"How much will this hurt?" I questioned.

Before I got an answer, my bones started to crack. I bit my tongue to hold back my screams. Imagining breaking your bone, and then it being crushed by a semi truck and then twisted into a completely different direction.

I blacked out before waking up, seeing the world completely different. I could see the small water drops on leaves falling to the ground. I could smell the other wolves around me. Woodsy with their own touch. Austin stood out the most. Our wolves smelled each other and rubbed up against each other. Their was a small pong to the west side of the land. I let my wolf, whose name was apparently Angel, lead me there to look at our reflection.

Once there, I stared at my fur and my eyes which stood out so much. Our fur was light gray, my favorite color. But my eyes weren't the same color like most wolves. My eyes a light violet. They were stunning. After I got over my shock, the pack all went for a run around the perimeter. Maybe it was because of the Vampire genes, but I ran the fastest. I didn't mind it. Austin kept trying to keep up. When we returned, everyone went to go change and sleep except Naomi, Austin, and I.

We all brought a change of clothes.

Angel helped me with turning back. After us three were changed back, Naomi thought it would be best if she left Austin and I.

"Your wolf is beautiful," Austin said.

Angel purred and Austin laughed at me.

My face turned red.
"Yours too," I responded. Seeing if I got the same reaction.

Instead of the weird noise though, Austin's green eyes turned a darker shade of green.

Then, it was my turn to laugh at him.

Since we've both turned and we're mates, we are apparently supposed to share a room now for safety. Naomi told me something about a heat. Not exactly sure what it is but she said it'll be safer if Austin is close by and winked at him. They all laughed and I still have no clue.

But Austin and I headed to our room.

"Should I sleep on the pull-out couch?" I asked.

"Why?" He sleepily responded.

I didn't answer but instead, crawled into bed next to Austin who was already almost asleep.

"Austin?" I asked.

"Yeah?" He mumbled.

I looked at him and smiled.

"I love you." It felt weird saying it. I don't remember the last time I've said those words to someone.

His eyes that I fell in love with shot open and looked at me.

"I love you, Abby" he said, looking straight at me.

I snuggled into him and he kissed my forehead. He knew it would still be hard for me to go any further because of what happened and he respected that.

We really are meant to be. And I'm not sure what will happen after tonight. But it will be good.