Chapter 19

Unknown POV

"Father, we can't just sit here and do nothing! She is the first born and we can't lose her! I have no idea what you were thinking letting her stay there all this time! Do you even know what she has been through?!" I screamed in his face.

I could see the shock at my outburst behind his calm and emotionless facade. I usually don't say a lot. But this is important. My one sister and the hope for this kingdom. My father let her stay with that evil man for years along with her so called sister. No, I am her sister! And she should be here with me, not locked up in a cage.

"Naomi, I know you are upset about this. But the witch said that we need to wait until she is ready. Your mother and I have spies on the inside ready to attack and protect our princess at any moment, you know this. She is protected an-"

He was cut off by one of our spies walking into the office.

"Your highness, the princess is weak and tired. She is still alive and fighting though. She had a rescuer come for her. Name is Austin. I have my partner doing a search on him now but we know he is a wolf," Steve, our number one spy reported back to us.

"Thank you. You are dismissed. Get back to me with that report on this Austin character as soon as possible," my father responded.

Steve left the office and my father let out a sigh.

"She will be returned to us when she is ready. Have faith in our witch. She knows what she is doing. This is for her own good."

I bowed my head before walking out of the office and to my room.

This doesn't feel right. I can't put my sister's life in danger because our witch said so. Even if she doesn't know me yet, she is important to me and I can't leave her alone.

I packed up my bag of weapons I retrieved when I graduated from my training courses. Top of my class. My father thought it would be good if I knew how to protect myself.

But I need to protect her now. I packed some more clothes and took out my stash of money I had been saving up over the years. Climbing through the window and down the vines on the side of the castle, I made my escape before taking off.

I'm coming for you, Abigail.

I'm so sorry if this chapter is confusing at all in any way. I hope to start writing a lot more and hopefully the story will start making sense.

Also, there is still time to send a message to me if you want to have your name as a character to be introduced. I could probably use a few more names!